Salle Santa Cruz is proud to host the 2009 Boardwalk Open at the West Field House on the campus of the University of California, Santa Cruz! We're excited to be back in the West gym again this year!
This year, we are trying something a little different: the open foil and both veteran's events (foil and epee) will be on Saturday, and the open epee and both women's events will be on Sunday. Please note that registration closes fifteen minutes prior to the start of each event!
If you preregister on FRED...
Entry fee and one event: $45
Each additional event: $30
At the door:
Entry fee and one event: $65
Each additional event: $40
We accept cash and personal checks made out to "Salle Santa Cruz" only.
Salle Santa Cruz strives to keep the entry fees for the Boardwalk as low as possible while maintaining our high standards for the venue and officiating. Our costs have risen dramatically this year (state budget cuts have caused UCSC to raise the price for the venue), which is why we had to raise our entry fees by $5 over last year.
Directions to the Tournament
From San Jose:
- Take Highway 17 to Santa Cruz
- Follow the signs for Mission St./Highway 1 North
- After about 2 miles, turn right on Bay Street, following the signs to U.C. Santa Cruz
- Continue up Bay St. approximately 1 mile until it intersects with High Street. Turn left on High Street.
- After about 1 mile, turn right on Heller Dr. and enter the UCSC campus.
- Park in the West Remote Parking Lot and walk up to the West Field House gym.
A campus map showing the West Field House and environs can be found at http://maps.ucsc.edu/cmcollegeeight.html. On this map, the West Remote lot is down and to the right. You are free to drive up to the upper lot near the top of the map to drop off your equipment, but you must park in the West Remote lot or risk getting a ticket.