---------- EVENT SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION ----------
Saturday, May 27, 2023
Mixed Foil 10:00am
* This tournament is free, a USA Fencing membership is not required.
* This is a non-sanctioned fencing tournament, but we will be following USA Fencing rules.
* On-site registration closes at 10:00am
* Please arrive no later than 9:30pm, so that you can:
1. check in
2. sign a waiver
3. get your mask checked
4. warm up
* Friends and family and spectators are welcome.
* A waiver must be signed by all participants during check-in.
* All events will be fenced as a single round of pools with 100% promoted to direct-elimination.
* There will be no fence-off for third place.
* We will be running on a strict schedule, so your promptness is much appreciated.
* Fargo Park District Fencing events are nut-free, peanuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, almonds, etc. are not allowed.
* In case of bad weather, any cancelations or changes to start times will be posted here and communicated via email.
* This fencing event is open to everyone, and no membership of any kind is required.
* The Fargo Park District is proud to sponsor this free, non-sanctioned foil fencing tournament in Fargo, to bring fencers together for a fun introduction to competitive, electric foil fencing.
---------- VENUE INFORMATION ----------
The tournament will be held at:
* Cornerstone Bank Arena in Fargo, ND
* 4404 23rd Avenue SW, Fargo, ND 58104
* Parking is free
---------- REGISTRATION INFORMATION ----------
* Please preregister for this event so that organizers can plan accordingly, thank you!
* You can preregister for this event by clicking on the askfred.net link above.
---------- COVID INFORMATION ----------
* USA Fencing COVID policies will be followed.
* Although participants are no longer required to show proof of vaccination to compete in or attend USA Fencing national tournaments, Fargo Park District Fencing organizers encourage everyone to get vaccinated and wear masks to prevent the spread of COVID. https://www.usafencing.org/news_article/show/1245835
* Per the Center for Disease Control’s latest recommendations regarding vaccination, masking and other best practices, if you test positive for COVID, do not attend any competitions until you are fever free for 5 days, and if you have a fever, do not attend any competitions.
---------- ACCESSIBILITY INFORMATION ----------
* The tournament will be on the second floor of the Cornerstone Bank Arena in Fargo, ND.
* There is elevator access to the second floor.
---------- TOURNAMENT RULES ----------
* This is a non-sanctioned fencing tournament, no USA Fencing ratings will be awarded.
* Fencing uniform is required, including regulation mask, jacket, lame, glove, and non-marking shoes.
* MASKS: A mask with a lame bib is NOT required.
* MASKS: Fencers may wear masks that have a lame bib, but they may not use tape to cover the conductive part of the bib (for safety reasons).
* LAMES: Names and countries are NOT required on the backs of lames or on uniforms anywhere.
* CHEST PROTECTORS: The rule for chest protection for foil fencers being covered by a soft material normally applies to ALL chest protection, regardless of style, at USFA-sanctioned events, but for this tournament, chest protectors are not required to be covered by a soft material
* CHEST PROTECTORS: Chest protectors must be worn underneath the underarm protector
* Bouts will be self-refereed (i.e. experienced fencers who are not fencing at the time, and who are comfortable with refereeing may referee bouts).
* Medals will be awarded to the top 4 finalists in two separate sections.
---------- EQUIPMENT CHECK ----------
* Please arrive early to allow time for equipment checks.
* Mask inspections and mask punch tests will be conducted during check-in.
* Glove inspections will be conducted on the strip by referees.
---------- NEARBY HOTELS ----------
* Holiday Inn Fargo
3803 13th Ave S, Fargo, ND 58103
* Ramada by Wyndham Fargo
3333 13th Ave S, Fargo, ND 58103
* Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fargo, ND
3316 13th Ave S, Fargo, ND 58103
---------- FOR MORE INFORMATION ----------
* Please contact Jason Schoenack 701-306-0815 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Fargo Park District Fencing https://www.fargoparks.com/youth-programs/fencing