Special Tournament conditions due to Covid19
In order to allow us to follow the Covid safety guidelines and keep our fencers and families safe during the tournament, we will need to make some changes to how we run these events. We ask that you please read through the entire document carefully and email us if you have any questions.
• Registration numbers will be capped at 12 for Youth events and 18 for Senior events.
• Registration for the tournament will close on Wednesday 10pm before the tournament. This is done in order to get an accurate number of competitors and be able to adjust start times as needed and arrange for referees. This also means that you may be refused if registering late or at the door.
• The listed start times are not set and may change due to participation and some events may be combined.
• Exact Start times will be finalized and communicated via email on the Thursday before the tournament.
• Each Fencer registered will be allowed to bring 1 person (family member/friend/coach) to the tournament.
• Face Mask is required by all attendees.
***We reserve the right to make changes to the tournament and procedures as needed.***
Apex Fencing Academy welcomes all Foil and Epee fencers to our open events.
Awards for the top 4 fencers in each event.
Proof or USA Fencing membership (non-competitive is enough) is required.
Please check/update your membership with USA Fencing and your askFRED profile to correctly reflect your membership status.
Fencers who do not have a USA Fencing membership will be asked to complete a membership/payment at the tournament. This could considerable delay the start time for your event and we therefore, ask the fencers to please do this prior to Saturday morning.
Registration fees are paid at the front desk.
ONE Event Fees: $25
TWO Events Fees: $40
Y10 Women's Foil (born 2011-2014)
Y12 Women's Foil (born 2009-2012)
Y10 Men's Foil (born 2011-2014)
Y12 Men's Foil (born 2009-2012)
Y12/Y14 Mixed Epee (Born 2007-2012)
Senior Events (born 2008 or earlier)
Senior Men's Foil
Senior Women's Foil
Senior Mixed Epee
If less than 5 fencers register for either gender in the Senior Men's and Women's events, the events will be combined to a Mixed event.
Hotel Options - please not that there is no special rate for the Apex Novice Cup
Holiday Inn Express Apex-Raleigh, 1006 Marco Dr, Apex, NC 27502, (919) 387-3636
Candlewood Suites Apex, 1005 Marco Dr, Apex, NC 27502, (919) 387-8595