This tournament provides a qualification path for JUNIOR OLYMPICS.
Live Results will be posted on FencingTimeLive.com
As a result of athlete and staff safety concerns due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the following will be enforced at this event. There will be NO exceptions to COVID-19 safety protocols implemented throughout the tournament. If you cannot comply do not register for this tournament. Anyone (fencer or coach) refusing to comply with safety protocols will be escorted from the venue. These protocols and tournament modifications due to COVID-19 are up for change at anytime.
Entry to the venue
- One spectator will be allowed per athlete. This spectator MUST have completed a COVID vaccine series (Pfizer 2 shots, Moderna 2 shots, or Johnson & Johnson 1 shot) 14 days prior to arrival at the venue OR have proof of a negative COVID test no more than 72 hours prior to the tournament.
- Coaches MUST have completed a COVID vaccine series (Pfizer 2 shots, Moderna 2 shots, or Johnson & Johnson 1 shot) 14 days prior to arrival at the venue OR have proof of a negative COVID test no more than 72 hours prior to the tournament.
- Only athletes, tournament staff, and coaches who hold a valid USFA Coach membership will be allowed to enter the fencing floor. Spectators must remain in designated spectator areas.
- Your USFA membership card (or digital membership card) will be required of all athletes and coaches in order to gain entry to the venue and fencing floor.
- Face masks will be required. As per USFA’s requirement, face coverings must be two-layer cloth masks or surgical face coverings. Single-layer gaiters, bandannas, masks with vents and inserts that clip into the fencing mask and do not fully contact the athlete's face are not permitted.
When in the venue
- Everyone must practice social distancing.
- Refrain from physical contact with other participants and attendees (handshakes, body contact, etc.)
- Do not share equipment such as weapons, body cords, fencing masks, gloves or uniforms, with others.
- No personal chairs or alternative seating options are allowed on the floor. Fencers may bring a small tripod to record their bouts or stream to an outside party but placement of the tripod may not be in any place that will cause a safety concern or hinder the running of the event. These concerns will be determined by the referees, and final discretion lies with the Bout Committee. Tripods and phones/cameras are at your own risk. The Division, venue, tournament, etc. will not be responsible for any broken equipment.
- No congregating or gathering in any doorways, hallways, or walkways.
- When you have finished fencing in your event, please gather up your belongings quickly and leave the building immediately. You may not stay and socialize.
- Top 8 to receive their medals from Bout Committee on their way out.
Note: This tournament is being scheduled at the request of USA Fencing; however, subject to New York State laws and orders regarding COVID-19, including assembly of persons, or if any circumstances arise that would preclude safe running of this event, this tournament can be cancelled at any time. Should the tournament be cancelled, fees will be held as a credit for use in future Long Island Division qualifier events.
Registration Fee = $10
Event Fee = $40 per event
Walk-In Fees (After Nov 16th)
Registration Fee = $50
Event Fee = $120 per event
Please note that your registration is NOT considered complete until your payment has been made. If you are listed as an incomplete registrant on FRED’s list, you WILL be charged the walk-in event fee.
These events will have one round of pools, with 100% promotion into a direct elimination table. Pools for Cadet events will fence, followed by pools for Junior Events. Cadet DEs will take place after the Junior pools have completed, with the Junior DEs beginning as appropriate thereafter. *Please note that Women's epee is the one exception, during which Junior events will come first, followed by Cadet events!*
Age-eligible fencers are STRONGLY recommended to fence in both Cadet and Junior events. If you are fencing only in Cadets, you will need to wait for Junior pools to finish before you can fence your DEs, so it makes sense to fence. Also, by fencing in Juniors you have a second opportunity to qualify for the Cadet event. (If you qualify in Junior and are age-eligible, you are qualified for Cadet as well!)
The more people that fence, the more that qualify!
Fencers competing must be current competitive members of the US Fencing Association, registered with the USFA as a member of the Long Island Division. To become a member or renew your membership, please visit http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Fencing/Membership.aspx Please note that all memberships expire on July 31st, so if you have not renewed since July 31st you are not a current member. If you do not have a membership at check-in, you will be required to sign up for one on the day of the tournament. One-day memberships are not valid for qualification events. Your USFA membership card will be checked during check-in, so please make sure you have it with you!
Fencers must follow the age restrictions set forth by the USFA. These restrictions can be found on page 22 of the Athlete Handbook or here: https://www.usafencing.org/age-classification-eligibility
The Bout Committee must use the current rating information found on the USFA website for seeding purposes. Please verify that your rating is correct with the USFA and contact the National Office to resolve any discrepancies prior to the tournament. Current ratings can be verified here: https://member.usafencing.org/search/members
It is the fencer’s responsibility to notify the Bout Committee of any registration discrepancies BEFORE the close of check-in for the event. (I.e. wrong club, wrong rating, misspelled name, etc.) As this information is verified directly from the USFA, fencers should make sure their USFA profiles are up-to-date!
All USA Fencing uniform requirements apply. This includes the mandatory use of knickers, long socks, and underarm protectors. Names are NOT required to be on the uniform.
The Armory Equipment Check will test the mask, lame (as appropriate), sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords. Items that have passed inspection will be specially marked, and directors will be checking for these marks prior to the start of fencing.
Mission Fencing Center is located at 346 Route 25A, Rocky Point, NY 11778. They can be contacted at 631-821-1131 for directions or assistance. A map can be found at http://bit.ly/mfcmap Mission is in the same shopping center as Kohl’s, Michael’s, and PETCO. It is across the street from Planet Fitness. Ample parking can be found around the back of the shopping center, near the main entrance to Mission.
Mission does have a store with limited stock of fencing equipment. Please call the club for more information.
Please note that event times listed are the close of registration. Fencers are required to be checked in by this time. Fencing will begin shortly after registration closes, usually within 30 minutes though the start may be immediate. It is recommended to leave yourself ample time for travel, check-in, and equipment check prior to the close of registration of your events. NO EVENT WILL BE DELAYED FOR LATECOMERS!
Preregistration opens on 10/10/21.
Preregistration closes on 11/16/21.