Capitol Division Qualifiers for Summer Nationals and Junior Olympics. Open to Capitol Division members ONLY. Fencers must be US citizens or permanent residents.
$10.00 registration fee plus $25.00 per event. ONLINE PREPAYMENTS REQUIRED.
NOTE: Epee event will be held at DC Fencer's Club this year.
Competitors must meet age range restrictions in order to fence, based on birth years below:
C or below: Born 2007 or earlier
Cadets: Born 2004-2007
Juniors: Born 2001-2007
C & Under Senior Women's Epee
C & Under Senior Men's Epee
Junior Men's Epee
Junior Women's Epee
Cadet Men's Epee
Cadet Women's Epee
PRE-REGISTRATION CLOSES ON MAY 10, 2021.
Please familiarize yourself with the following COVID safety protocols that will be enforced at Division qualifiers this year.
Online pre-registration and pre-payment is required at least five days in advance of the tournament.
CHECK-IN PROCEDURES AT COMPETITION
Anyone intending to enter the facility will need to check in at a table outside the facility. Check-in will include:
1. Passing a temperature check
2. Submitting the Athlete/Coach/Tournament Staff Monitoring Form (available on AskFRED)
3. Signing an attendance sheet with email and telephone number for potential contact tracing.
1. The number of people inside the facility will be limited to a maximum of 25 at all times, including five tournament staff and up to 20 athletes. Events will be capped to meet these limits.
2. Current event caps are set to 15, but may be restricted further if demand exceeds venue capacity. If you are not able to pre-register due to event caps, please email the event manager to be added to a wait list. If caps need to be lowered further, the most recent pre-registrants will be moved back to the wait list first.
3. If an event runs longer than expected, athletes for the next events may have to wait outside the facility to keep numbers in compliance.
4. Once eliminated, athletes must leave the facility, with the exception of the round of four, who may stay in the facility to accept their medals.
5. No spectators will be permitted inside the facility.
6. Coaches will be permitted to attend only if the athlete cap is not reached. No more than one coach per club will be allowed.
7. All attendees are expected to maintain six feet of social distancing from other attendees when not competing.
1. Masks are mandatory for all attendees at USA Fencing events. Per USA Fencing rules, face coverings must be two-layer cloth masks or surgical face coverings. Single-layer gaiters, bandannas, masks with vents and inserts that clip into the fencing mask and do not fully contact the athlete's face are not permitted.
2. Athletes who do not comply with these policies will not be allowed to compete. Other individuals, including spectators and coaches, violate these policies will be assessed a Group 3 penalty which includes a yellow card warning for the first infraction and a black card resulting in expulsion from the venue for a second infraction. There will be no exceptions to the mask mandate.
3. Screaming is prohibited. Referees will verbally warn competitors not to scream and assess penalties for repeated or intentional infractions as necessary, up to and including Group 3 penalties.
4. Those in attendance are requested to clean their hands frequently while in the facility; hand sanitizer will be readily available.
5. Fencers will be required to salute at the beginning and end of each match but will not shake hands.