Updated April 23, 2021
Events are sanctioned. Events will for both men and women but we will combine if necessary to make a stronger pool.
Masks required 100% of the time. Fencers will be given a designated chair separated by 6'from anyone else.
Medals to the top 4 or 8 depending on event size. Historically 15+ competitors but this can change based on age. We do NOT give out "participation" medals.
$40 for WAY members
$50 All others
Use this link to pay in advance via Venmo, Zelle or Credit card.
Documented COVID Plan
with pictures and video found at:
Here is what we are doing to keep this safe, and sustainable.
-If you are sick or have any symptoms of sickness alert us and then stay home. We'll refund you in full with 24 hr. advance notice.
- each fencer will be assigned a dedicated area 6' apart from anyone else. Fencer will be given a chair and must remain seated until called to their strip to bout then return to their seats. Wandering will not be permitted. Pictures https://wayofthesword.org/covid/
-one parent may stay for fencers 10 and younger. We will give you a chair to sit next to your child in their dedicated Wayspace. Don't bring a folding chair.
- one coach is welcome to attend
- refs will be 6' away with face masks
- fencers wear face masks at all times
- Saluting required before and after each bout but no contact
- Temp check prior to entry (over 100? We give you a 10-minute cool-down period outside prior to a second and final try. If your temperature reads over 100 a second time you must scratch and go home. We will refund you in full.
-hand sanitizer stations throughout the studio to be used upon entry and exiting
-USFA valid competitive membership regulation uniform w/socks, minimum two body cords, and weapons)
-medals will be awarded for the top four places
-covered outdoor seating will be provided
-studio cleaned and sanitized after each event (ya it's a lot of work)
You must pay in advance to reserve your seat. Use this link:
Certified Ref's wanted all 3-weapons: