Updated April 18, 2021
Events are sanctioned. Events will for both men and women but we will combine if less than 6 fencers register.
Masks required 100% of the time. Fencers will be given a designated chair separated by 6'from anyone else.
$40 for WAY members
$20 if competing in a second event (i.e. Y14 & the Open)
Use this link to pay in advance via Venmo, Zelle or Credit card.
Documented COVID Plan
with pictures and video found at:
Here is what we are doing to keep this safe, and sustainable.
-If you are sick or have any symptoms of sickness alert us and then stay home. We'll refund you in full with 24 hr. advance notice.
- each fencer will be assigned a dedicated area 6' apart from anyone else. Fencer will be given a chair and must remain seated until called to their strip to bout then return to their seats. Wandering will not be permitted. Pictures https://wayofthesword.org/covid/
- parents and coaches are welcome to be in the studio
- fencers wear face masks at all times
- Saluting required before and after each bout but no contact
- Temp check prior to entry (over 100? We give you a 10-minute cool-down period outside prior to a second and final try. If your temperature reads over 100 a second time you must scratch and go home. We will refund you in full.
-hand sanitizer stations throughout the studio to be used upon entry and exiting
-USFA valid competitive membership regulation uniform w/socks, minimum two body cords, and weapons)
-medals will be awarded for the top four to 8 places depending on volume of entries
-covered outdoor seating will be provided
-studio cleaned and sanitized after each event (ya it's a lot of work)
You must pay in advance to reserve your seat. Use this link:
Certified Ref's wanted all 3-weapons: