Epic Epee push for A4.. Settle for A2.
UPDATE as of April 18, 2021
This event is sanctioned. Full USFA regulation uniform and competitive memberships required.
Women's Epee check in is 3 pm. Warm-up in the lower level after check-in. We plan to start your pools at 3:20 pm.
Covid plan https://wayofthesword.org/covid/
$55 via Venmo, Zelle or Credit Card
A rated $40
Pray attend signage guiding and educating you as you walk about the studio and surrounding areas.
Stairs to the lower level [FLOW] instructions. Go down through the waiting room and up at end of the archery range by the ping pong table.
Large fencing bags and stuff must be stored on the lower level (archery range) but strip bags are permitted while you fence. Bring your strip bags or carry your equipment as you move about the floor.
Did you also know that if you earn (renew) your "A" at this tournament you fence for free. Former scholarship winners have included:
RICUTA Laurentiu Florentin
Who will join their ranks next?
Mask up- face masks required at all times. We will have masks breaks and there is also ample outdoor space for you as well.
We will flight pools only if necessary (over 40 entries for example).
Here is what you need to know about flighting pools and staggering registration times. READ THIS:
1) You must pay in full, in advance, or you will be scratched 48 hours prior to the start of the event (refunds given with 48 hour advance notice). Further you must make sure your email is correct in askfred so I can communicate with you through their system. Pay here now, please.
2) We will balance the "heats" and pools taking into consideration ratings, matching clubs and siblings or car pools traveling together. We are not obligated, nor promise to give you a favorable later start time. Please don't ask me.... I know many of you are coming from afar and want a later start time. The priority must and will always be fair and equitable pools. Speaking of which we have created a talented and impartial committee responsible for creating and balancing pools. It's not just me slapping this thing together and hoping for the best.
3) If you are siblings or car pooling you MUST notify me of such so I do not split you up into separate heats. This is a courtesy that I am willing to do but again no promises of a later start time only that you will be able to arrive at the same time. Use email to notify me. Mikem@wayofthesword.org or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you fail to notify me you may have two fencers starting at different times.
4) It is imperative that you show up to the event and fence because the pools will be generated in advance (a risky move for us to manage because not showing up impacts the pool balance). As such you must be aware and with total transparency that I reserve the right to manipulate the pools while maintaining balance as needed. In addition you can expect that I might add a fencer to a pool to "pad" and "hold" spots in the event that a fencer scratches last minute. This is ONLY a fail safe for me to ensure balanced pools of a minimum of 6 fencers in each pool.
5) "How will you pull this off? Show me the math?"
As many of you already know we have a large facility 11,000 sq feet on two levels. If necessary we will run 6 strips similar to how we ran the March 21 A4 event which was very successful.
see those results here: https://www.fencingtimelive.com/events/results/9D4D6048FC1C42348E3480A168B789DD
For the pools rounds only, if we are still limited by COVID regulations, no parents or coaches will be permitted. Pools will take 2.0 hrs. Once you are done fencing please leave the building for about ten minutes before going back to your bags to allow us time to bring in the second heat of fencers that arrived earlier and are waiting to warm-up.
6) "What about the DE rounds?" Glad you asked.
We will generate the seeding within 10 minutes of finishing Fencer will wait outside (seating. is provided)until they are called to their strips. Exact strip assignments and times will be posted on http://www.fencingtimelive.com. Show up 5 minutes before the start of your bout.
Coaches permitted, parents permitted when their child is fencing.
In the round of 64, ONLY fencers and coaches will be permitted when your time is called (fencers must leave immediately after the bout and may return when called for the next round).
In the round of 32, fencers and coaches will be permitted when your time is called (fencers must leave immediately after the bout and may return when called for the next round.
In the round of 16 fencers, coaches, parents (you do not have to leave the room)
In the round of 8 fencers, coaches, parents and teammates (you do not have to leave the room)
In the round of 4 fencers, coaches, parents and teammates (you do not have to leave the room)
In the round of 2 fencers, coaches, parents and teammates (you do not have to leave the room) Medals awarded to the top 8
7) We will be leveraging Fencing Time Live (https://www.fencingtimelive.com/) to communicate start times, and strips for both pools and DE's. If you were not aware, in fencing time live you can see your exact start time and strip assignment for each DE round on the tableau page. We will be posting DE bouts in 15 minutes intervals, give or take a few minutes each way. Our free internet [guest] password is "getyourway".
Good to know:
Safety is number 1 and we will be enforcing face masks at all times. Further, no screaming and yelling permitted during bouts.
During the round of 64 and 32, in particular, we are most vulnerable to overcrowding. Please follow the rules and leave the fencing floor after you have finished your bout. Sorry but no hanging around to watch or support your teammates until later rounds. Let's be respectful and make room for the professional coaches (not teammates) to do their job. Please wait until the round of 8 to cheer on your teammates. Please, be kind and follow the rules. LET ME BRUTALLY HONEST, IF YOU CHOOSE TO DEFY ME, ARGUE WITH ME, REFUSE TO FOLLOW MY RULES, I WILL THANK YOU KINDLY FOR COMING BUT YOU WILL NOT BE INVITED BACK.
Seating will be designated and separated from each other by 6'. You will assigned a seat on the strips you will be fencing (we may even have name tags awaiting you). Do not move chairs and clump together. Note that on two of our strips (numbers 6 and 9) seating will be along the sides of the strips and as such close to the action. Those seated closest to the center of the strip should wear fencing masks to protect themselves against "friendly fire." If you do not want this seat we will gladly move you to another location that is off to the end of the strips.
Know before you go. Take a look inside at the facility, chairs, strips, etc...this video was taken during warm-ups.
Follow us for even more pix and vids:
Give us a five star Google review today. https://wayofthesword.org/reviews/
Keep safety and kindness first,
text 203 529 1320
https://wayofthesword.org by day
http://Ridgefieldrave.com by night