EXCITED TO BE BACK!
We're excited to have competitions back, so let's all work together to make it safe and fun!
This event is sanctioned by the NJ Division and ratings can be awarded. You can view the USFA ratings chart: https://askfred.net/Info/eventClass.php
All fencers are required to have a valid competitive USFA, other fencing federation, or FIE Membership card. Obtain/renew membership at: https://member.usfencing.org/
New USFA memberships, new USFA card, or replacement USFA cards can be obtained via USFA. Print membership card https://member.usfencing.org/
Athletes arriving without proof of USFA or other fencing federation membership must complete all appropriate forms and pay for USFA membership at the registration desk. You may join/renew at the door (parent signature required), however, we request that you arrive with a completed form or plan to come early to complete the required paperwork. The form can be found at https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/document/3029-1722147/19-20_Individual_Membership_Application.pdf?_ga=2.72804826.838475307.1565616649-1095257085.1557359113
Please have a check payable to "USA Fencing" or you can also use a credit card.
$40 MAF members paying at the door.
$45 Preregistration and payment with askfred.
$50 Preregistration on askfred and payment at the door.
$60 No preregistration and payment at the door.
-Full USFA regulation uniform is required
-The fencer's name is NOT required to be displayed on their uniform for this event
-All events are conducted with electric equipment. A preliminary inspection will be conducted at the beginning of each pool and DE to ensure the presence of the following equipment: underarm plastron, weapons, body cords and appropriate weapons check control marks. Athletes are subject to prohibition from fencing if these conditions are not met.
-Fencer must have at least two working weapons, two body cords and two head cords. Foil mask with a conductive bib is required
-Events may be mixed if less than 6 fencers
-One round of pools with 100% promotion to Direct Elimination rounds.
-No fence-off for third place; Medals awarded to 3rd place.
-Fencers are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all posted information and must report errors to the bout committee immediately.
1. In an effort to limit the amount of people inside at one time, only the bout committee, referees, and the fencers will be permitted indoors. If you need to run in and use the bathroom we're ok with that. We will be setting up chairs outside and propping the doors open to make the event as accessible as possible for everyone.
2. Following the recommendation of USA fencing, all fencers will be required to wear a cloth face covering underneath their fencing mask while competing. We highly encourage participants to spend time outside between bouts.
3. Temperature checks will be provided prior to competition, any temperature over a 100.4 will result in exclusion from the event. A full refund will be issued in the event this happens.
4. A COVID questionnaire is required to be filled out prior to the event. If the questionnaire causes exclusion from the event than a full refund will be issued.
5. As per guidance from the NJ Division "NO FENCER WHO HAS TRAVELLED WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS TO ANY STATE THAT IS ON THE NJ STATE GOVERNMENT LIST OF “TRAVEL RESTRICTED” QUARANTINE STATES IS PERMITTED TO FENCE IN A NJ DIVISION TOURNAMENT UNTIL THEIR QUARANTINE PERIOD HAS
6. All fencers must be from Region 3 in order to participate. If you don't know what this means, NJ is part of region 3.