COBRA YOUTH SABER SUNDAY
Sunday, November 15, 2020
READ FULL MORE INFO SECTION BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THIS EVENT
Make sure your e-mail is correct in the FRED system - this is the only way we have to communicate with you. If you do not get a confirmation when you register, your e-mail is not correct !!
Current competitive USA Fencing membership required. This event is sanctioned by the New Jersey Division of USA Fencing.
There will be no exceptions to COVID-19 safety protocols implemented and if you cannot comply do not register for this tournament.
If your child's school in-person learning is halted at the time of this tournament due to students testing positive for COVID-19, do not enter this tournament.
There will be limited spectators; Each fencer is limited to one (1) spectator in attendance; this person may be parent, guardian, coach etc. If your fencer is self-sufficient, and you feel comfortable leaving your fencer, we strongly encourage you drop your fencer off to compete and return to pick up after the competition. Be sure your fencer brings the signed waiver when checking in.
You must sign a Liability Waiver and present at check-in (download waiver attached to your entry confirmation from FRED, or click "Download Waiver" on the tournament page, and bring to check-in).
You must abide by and comply with all safety measures required. Anyone (fencer or spectator) refusing to comply with safety protocols will be escorted from the venue. If you cannot comply with safety measures outlined below do not register for this tournament. Safety measures include, but are not limited to:
• Self-monitor and be symptom-free for at least 14 days prior to tournament. Stay home if you have had close sustained contact in last 14 days with anyone who was sick or known or believed to have COVID-19. Stay home if you are sick or do not feel well.
• Do not register if you are coming from a State listed on the New Jersey quarantine list. Tournament organizer reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone coming from one of these areas.
• Wash and sanitize all your fencing equipment. Consult the manufacturer for proper cleaning instructions to avoid possible damage to equipment.
• Come to the tournament already dressed in freshly washed fencing uniform. Changing in bathrooms will not be permitted, so athletes are to come in clothing suitable for changing (socially distanced) in public.
• Agree to temperature check on arrival. Any individual with a fever of greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, or any other symptoms of COVID-19, will not be admitted and will be asked to leave the venue immediately.
• Everyone in the venue must wear a surgical or cloth mask covering nose and mouth, even under fencing masks (if fencer has a medical condition that precludes wearing a mask while actively fencing you must report this to the Bout Committee). Mask must cover nose and mouth at all times, except when eating. If you have any condition that precludes wearing of mask do not come to this tournament.
• Everyone must practice social distancing.
• Fencers and spectators must remain in designated seating areas. Chairs are not to be moved.
• Refrain from shouting and/or screaming after scoring a touch. Keep all talking to a minimum.
• Refrain from contacting other participants and attendees (handshakes, body contact, etc.)
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze.
• Avoid touching your face, eyes or mouth with unclean hands.
• Do not share equipment such as weapons, body cords, fencing masks, gloves or uniforms, with others.
• Check that your equipment is in working order and that you have your full uniform. There will NOT be a formal equipment check. There will be very limited sanitized equipment available to borrow. There will NOT be an equipment vendor on-site.
• You must bring your own food and drink. Please limit food to light snacks. There will NOT be any food or drink for sale. There will be no public water fountains; you must bring your own water.
Entry is determined by 2020-21 USA Fencing Birth year requirements. If you are on the points list and your entry is rejected for age, contact us to process your entry
Y8: Born 2012-2015
Y10: Born 2010-2013
Y12: Born 2008-2011 (or on Y10 NRPS list)
Current USA Fencing competitive or other foreign federation membership required. Must present membership card to check-in. To join USA Fencing or print/download USA Fencing membership card visit: https://member.usafencing.org. If no proof of membership you must complete and pay for USA Fencing membership at the venue. Foreign fencers, if not USA fencing members, must complete a profile in USA Fencing (no fee) in addition to possessing FIE license or other foreign federation membership.
All fencers must wear required fencing attire and bring at least 2 working weapons and 2 working body cords with you on strip. 800N Saber glove required. For Y8 and Y10 events, maximum blade length is 32.5” long.
** Liability Waiver - Upon entering this tournament you agree to abide by the current rules of USA Fencing and other applicable rules instituted by Cobra Fencing Club and NJ Division of USA Fencing. You agree to abide by all health safety protocols instituted for this tournament and have answered truthfully on the required liability waiver. You acknowledge you are entering this tournament at your own risk and release USA Fencing and its sponsors, Cobra Fencing Club, and any tournament/facility staff from any liability, even if due to negligence. With entry you give consent to tournament organizers to obtain medical care from any tournament medical staff, licensed physician, EMS personnel, hospital or clinic for any injury or illness that may arise during activities associated with this tournament. Photography, filming, recording, or any other form of media of the athlete during the tournament can be used by Cobra Fencing Club and USA Fencing. Those wishing to opt out of media coverage must inform the Bout Committee.** Download waiver attached to your registration confirmation from FRED site and present at check-in
LIVE TOURNAMENT FEED: Follow live results on tournament day at: http://www.fencingtimelive.com. There will be no video monitors available.
VENDOR: There will NOT be an equipment vendor on-site. Make sure to check that your equipment (mask, lame, glove, body cord, mask cord) is in working order before you arrive for competition. We will have very limited sanitized equipment available to borrow.
ARMORY: Armory service will NOT be available.
FOOD: You must bring your own food and drink. Please limit food to light snacks. Our food concession will NOT be open. There will be no public water fountains; you must bring your own water.
Fencing begins shortly after close of check-in. Events with less than 5 fencers will be mixed.
11:30 Y12 Men (check-in from 10:45-11:30)
12:00 Y8 Mixed (check-in from 11:45-12:00)
1:00 Y12 Women (check-in from 12:15-1:00)
2:30 Y10 Men (check-in from 2:00-2:30)
2:30 Y10 Women (check-in from 2:00-2:30)
*Regular fee entry/payment period (October 23-November 13): $60/event. There is no walk-in entry.
*Payment is required to complete registration. If you wish to make an alternate payment arrangement (other than through FRED) you must notify us at time of registration so that your entry is not rejected for non-payment and your slot is lost. Your entry is incomplete until payment is made, and you are not guaranteed a slot if the event fills up before you make payment.
Refund requests will only be honored if received no later than November 7. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to submit refund request, and include mailing address. NO refunds if notified November 8-15. FRED fees will be subtracted from refund.
* NO REFUNDS FOR NO-SHOWS FOR ANY REASON. On tournament day fencers who fail to check-in at the registration desk before the posted close of check-in time for their event will be withdrawn from the competition, and no there will be no refund of entry fees for any reason.
Cobra Fencing Club
629 Grove Street, 4th Floor
Jersey City, NJ
IMPORTANT PARKING INFORMATION:
To avoid possibility of your car being towed, note these parking instructions:
There are 2 specified parking locations.*
1. The fenced-in parking lot directly across the street. You can park in both front and back lots. Please do not park so cars cannot get to the back side of the lot. If you park in this lot make sure you are not blocking anyone else from leaving.
2. You can park nose in to the cyclone fence between Grove St. and Marin Blvd on 16th Street.
*IMPORTANT NOTE- the small parking lot at the southwest corner of Grove and 18th St is no longer available for Cobra Events. Do not park in this lot even if there are empty spaces
From Manhattan by train: PATH train from Manhattan to Hoboken. The walk would be about 20 minutes. Taxis available in Hoboken (appx 4 minute ride to Cobra). Have the cab take Observer Highway West and turn left on Grove St. The Lackawanna Warehouse is on the right-hand side between 18th and 16th St.
USA Fencing rules apply - http://www.usafencing.org/usa-fencing-rule-book
Full USA regulation uniform is required. Must have at least two working weapons and two body cords.
For Y8 and Y10 events, maximum blade length is 32.5” long.
Initial seeding using USA Fencing rating/year. Fencers with equal ratings will be randomized. Only official (i.e. published on the USA Fencing website) ratings will be used for initial seeding. Check your rating prior to the event and if there are discrepancies you must resolve the issue with USA Fencing. Only an official response from USA Fencing will override the ratings published on the USA Fencing website. Events with less than 5 fencers will be mixed.
Each event consists of two rounds (pools and direct elimination), with 100% promotion to Direct Elimination round. Pools: One preliminary round of pools comprised of the standard 5-touch bout in 3 minutes. 100% then advance to direct elimination round.
Direct Elimination Tableau shall be comprised according to the results of the preliminary pool round. Y8/10 DE bouts are 10 touch/9-minute bouts. Y12/Y14 DE bouts are 15-touch bouts/9-minute period.
No fence-off for third place. Medals awarded to Top 8. There will be no group picture after the medal ceremony.
Ratings can be awarded if criteria met. View USA Fencing Classification Chart at: https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/document/0132/5185/USA_Fencing_Classification_Reference_Chart.pdf#_ga=2.199986734.1407407662.1603033311-1330017265.1578153639
Fencers are responsible for ensuring accuracy of all posted information and must report errors to the bout committee immediately. Fencer signature on pool score sheets and DE bout slip implies accuracy. Any mistakes in posted information throughout the tournament must be reported to the Bout Committee immediately (within 5 minutes of posting). Once DE round starts pool results are final and no adjustments will be made. Check all results before leaving the strip. Fencer signature on pool sheet and DE slip implies accuracy.
Photography and filming is allowed, however NO flash photography is allowed near ongoing competitions. All pictures must be taken from designated spectator locations.
Withdrawal during pools: A fencer who withdraws, or who is excluded, is scratched from the pool, and his results are annulled as if he had not taken part.
Withdrawal during DE: When for whatever reason a fencer cannot fence or cannot complete his bout, his opponent is declared winner of that bout. A fencer who withdraws does not lose his place in the overall classification of the competition.