Floor Fee $20 per Guest will be donated to the Virginia Hospital Center Foundation. This is self reffed FUNDRAISER event.
AIC Fencing Club is proud to present our Campaign for Community event led by Jeffrey Gu! Echoing Virginia Hospital Center’s commitment to providing the best service for our community and support the overall health of our community, we deeply support their mission and find it our duty to do the same.
COVID-19 Related Rules
Please note that in addition to the protocols outlined in the USA Fencing Return to Competition Guidelines, the following additional measures will be in place:
1) Properly worn face masks will be required for all persons in the venue at all times. Vented masks are not allowed. This includes during competition - athlete MUST wear face masks under their fencing masks.
2) Entering the venue will be subject to temperature screenings and will need to submit a contact tracing sheet/COVID screening form prior to entry into the venue. Hand sanitizer will be provided onsite, wash hands with hand sanitizer before and after entering the club, and physical distancing are required.
The Tournament Organizers reserve the right to adjust these protocols as necessary in order to ensure smooth running of the event and in order to comply with any additional restrictions or mandates imposed by national, state, or local authorities.
***THIS IS A FUNDRAISER***
For more information please see:
Virginia Hospital Center Foundation info: https://vhcfoundation.com/
Julia Jiang: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703)705-9732
Jeffrey Gu: email@example.com or 703-851-9674
Venue: AIC Fencing, 13525 Dulles Technology Dr, Suite 102, Herndon, VA 20171. Entrance door to the club is on the back of the building. Directions can be found at: https://www.aicfencing.org/ (see bottom of page)
** Liability waiver - Upon entering this tournament you agree to abide by the current rules of USA Fencing, State of Virginia and other applicable rules instituted by AIC Fencing. You acknowledge you are entering this tournament at your own risk and release USA Fencing and its sponsors, AIC Fencing, officers, referees, independent contractors and staff from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may or may not be related to COVID-19. With entry you give consent to AIC Fencing to obtain medical care from any licensed physician, hospital or clinic for any injury or illness that may arise during activities associated with this tournament. **
Administrative and Legal Obligations of all Participants
- Read and respect the VA state Outline of Risk Mitigation Requirements, and agree AIC Fencing Liability waivers.
- Sign the COVID-19 Statement of Informed Consent and Liability Waiver
- Mandatory temperature checks for all participants will be performed before entering the venue and may be recurring during the event.
- NO one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the club. Participants testing with temperature ≥ 37.8°C and/or displaying any Covid-19 Symptoms will undergo further examination and may be restricted from access. Visible marks will be applied to those who pass temperature test.
- Participants must maintain sanitary distance of a minimum of ten feet of physical distancing between all individuals as much as possible
- Fencing masks, gloves and weapons must be disinfected by the fencers before the competition
- Fencers’ handshake at the end of bouts is replaced with a salute
- Sharing equipment with another participant is not allowed.
- During rest periods, all people in the fencing piste area must maintain a distance of at least ten feet from the fencer(s).