Welcome to Des Moines Fencing Club's first tournament in the 20-21 season!
All events are currently expected to be sanctioned. USFA competitive membership will be required. All events will be conducted according to the current USFA Rules. All equipment and behavior must meet the requirements laid down by these rules. We will check all masks and saber gloves.
Please note: this is not a regional or national qualifying event. Regional and National Points will not be awarded, and this tournament is not a part of any qualifying path.
We will need referees, so if you can referee please e-mail the organizer list at the bottom of the page. All referees will be compensated with USFA per diem rates + lunch.
Schedule of Events:
(Times are close of registration; fencing will begin shortly thereafter.)
- Unsanctioned Youth Mixed Saber -- 9:00am. ----- born in 2007 or younger (Y8-Y14)
- Unsanctioned Youth Mixed Foil ----- 9:30am ------ born in 2007 or younger (Y8-Y14)
- Unsanctioned Youth Mixed Epee - 11:00am ------ born in 2007 or younger (Y8-Y14)
- Senior Mixed Saber ------------------ 12:00pm ------ born in 2007 or older
- Senior Mixed Foil ----------------------- 1:00pm ------ born in 2007 or older
- Senior Mixed Epee --------------------- 2:30pm ------ born in 2007 or older
In you were born in 2007 you may fence both Youth & Senior events.
Preregistration opens on 08/24/2020.
Preregistration closes on 11/6/2020.
Franklin Jr High
4801 Franklin Ave
Des Moines, IA 50310
This event will be held in the East Gym-117. There is ample parking directly outside to the North.
Pre-registration is $30
Each event $10
Day of Event registration fee +$5
Cash or checks, please.
Event Merc - See Our facebook event for images
PRE-ORDERS are now closed.
T-shirts will be available for Pre-order $20
---6.1oz 100% Soft Spun Cotton Essential Short Sleeve T-Shirt
---Adult sizes: S/M/L/XL/XLT/XXL/XXLT/2XL/3XLT/4XL/4XLT/5XL
Masks will be available for Pre-order $10
---4.2oz, 2-Ply 100% Ringspun Cotton Adjustable Ear Loop Mask
---Sizes: Adult & Youth
***THE DEADLINE FOR SHIRTS & MASKS WAS 10/19***
No additional wears will be available the day of, so be sure to pre-order!!!
Email email@example.com if you have question.
AskFred registration deadline November 6th, 2020 (Pay day of event)
Medals for 1st, 2nd, two 3rd placements
USFA competitive membership required for all sanctioned events***
Please bring proof of current competitive membership in the USFA
All USFA rules will be enforced.
*The date and schedule are tentative as this is a postponement due to coronavirus/COVID-19. We will email pre-registrants if there are any changes.
Masks will be required for all in attendance.
We also ask guests know and practice CDC’s guideline such as distancing between guests
Hand sanitizer will be available.
We ask that no participant or guest attend if they have any of the following:
- Temperature of over 99.9degrees F. (Please self-check prior to arriving)
- Symptoms: Fever or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhea
- Been in known contact with anyone who has tested positive
- Traveled further than 300 miles.
Please be aware of any USFA COVID restrictions
***There is a possibility our events will not be sanctioned. USA Fencing membership will not be required if the Iowa Division Board does not sanction the tournament.
State & county Covid-19 data:
Please contact us through AskFRED with any questions related to the event.
TOURNAMENT CONTACT INFORMATION:
Event Coordinator: Kari Lancaster
Phone: (515) 229-5840
MORE ABOUT DES MOINES FENCING CLUB:
This event is still work in progress and times may change. Please check back before the day of the event.