2020 FORTE E+UNDER & Y14 EPEE/SABRE !!!
* To be eligible to compete in an Open tournament, all fencers must have been born in 2006 or earlier (or be on the Junior NRPS).
* To be eligible to compete in a Y14 tournament, all fencers must have been born in 2005, 2006, 2007, or 2008 (or be on the Y12 NRPS).
* Current USA Fencing competitive or other foreign federation membership required. Must present membership card at check-in. To join USA Fencing or print USA Fencing membership card visit: https://member.usafencing.org If no proof of membership you must complete and pay for USA Fencing membership at the venue.
* All fencers must wear required fencing attire and bring at least 2 working weapons and 2 working body cords with you on strip. 800N Saber glove required.
* Liability waiver - Upon entering this tournament you agree to abide by the current rules of USA Fencing and other applicable rules instituted by Forte Fencing Foundation. You acknowledge you are entering this tournament at your own risk and release USA Fencing and its sponsors, Forte Fencing Foundation, Forte Fencing Club, Morris Catholic High School, Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson, and all tournament staff from any liability. With entry you give consent to Forte to obtain medical care from any licensed physician, EMT, hospital or clinic for any injury or illness that may arise during activities associated with this tournament. You accept full financial responsibility for any medical treatment necessary.
Photography, filming, recording, or any other form of media of the athlete during the tournament can be used by Forte and USA Fencing. Any fencer wishing to opt out of media coverage must present in person to the Bout Committee**
REFEREES: If interested in refereeing, contact Lisa Campi-Sapery at email@example.com
VENDOR: There will NOT be an equipment vendor on-site.
ARMORY: There will NOT be a dedicated armorer on-site for repairs.
Close of check-in is 6:00pm. Events with fewer than 6 fencers in either gender will be mixed. Fencing begins shortly after close of check-in.
* Regular fee entry/payment period (only until June 19): $30.
* Walk-in: $40. Registration and payment at the door. SPACE FOR WALK-INS IS NOT GUARANTEED. Call us at 973-600-5770 to check before driving out.
* Refund requests will only be honored if received no later than June 19 as noted below. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to submit refund request, and include mailing address.
No refunds if notified after June 19 - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Morris Catholic High School (entrance and parking around the back)
200 Morris Ave
Denville NJ 07834
* USA Fencing rules apply - http://www.usafencing.org/usa-fencing-rule-book
* Full USA regulation uniform is required. Must have at least two working weapons and two body cords.
* Initial seeding using USA Fencing rating/year. Fencers with equal ratings will be randomized. Only official (i.e. published on the USA Fencing website) ratings will be used for initial seeding. Check your rating prior to the event and if there are discrepancies you must resolve the issue with USA Fencing. Only an official response from USA Fencing will override the ratings published on the USA Fencing website.
* Each event consists of two rounds (pools and direct elimination), with 100% promotion to Direct Elimination round. Pools: One preliminary round of pools comprised of the standard 5-touch bout in 3 minutes. 100% then advance to direct elimination round.
Direct Elimination Tableau shall be comprised according to the results of the preliminary pool round. Open DE bouts are 15-touch bouts/three 3-minute periods.
During the 1-minute break, ONE PERSON designated by the fencer (team-mate, coach, or parent) may be on the strip with the fencer.
* No fence-off for third place.
* Ratings can be awarded if criteria met. View USA Fencing Classification Chart at: https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/document/0132/5185/USA_Fencing_Classification_Reference_Chart.pdf
* Fencers are responsible for ensuring accuracy of all posted information and must report errors to the bout committee immediately. Fencer signature on pool score sheets and DE bout slip implies accuracy. Any mistakes in posted information throughout the tournament must be reported to the Bout Committee immediately (within 5 minutes of posting). Once DE round starts pool results are final and no adjustments will be made. Check all results before leaving the strip. Fencer signature on pool sheet and DE slip implies accuracy.
* Photography and filming is allowed, however NO flash photography is allowed near ongoing competitions.
* Withdrawal during pools: A fencer who withdraws, or who is excluded, is scratched from the pool, and his results are annulled as if he had not taken part.
* Withdrawal during DE: When for whatever reason a fencer cannot fence or cannot complete his bout, his opponent is declared winner of that bout. A fencer who withdraws does not lose his place in the overall classification of the competition.
There will NOT be an equipment vendor on-site.
Energy bars and drinks will be available for a nominal fee.