Weekend Warrior #2
Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019
Houston Athletic Fencing Center
4997 W. Bellfort
Houston, TX 77035
Pre-registration opens 10/03/2019
Pre-registration closes 10/11/2019
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW.
Y10 and Y12: If each event has fewer than five fencers, the events be combined into one Y10/Y12 event; they will not be cancelled.
Other events that have fewer than five preregistrants on Friday, Sept. 20 will be cancelled.
If an event is cancelled, the times for other events may change.
Disclaimers | Back to top
- USA Fencing membership required to fence. You must complete your USA Fencing membership application online by Thursday, Sept. 19 so that we may verify your membership prior to the event. No one will be allowed to fence without a current USA Fencing membership.
- If you plan to fence more than one event on the same day, pools in later events will not be delayed for you.
Events | Back to top
- Y10 Mixed Foil UNSANCTIONED
- Y12 Mixed Foil UNSANCTIONED
- Y14 Mixed Foil UNSANCTIONED
- Senior Mixed Foil
Birth Year Requirements | Back to top
If a fencer's USA Fencing membership card does not show his or her birth date as "Verified: Yes" (see back of card), he or she must bring proof of age to registration. Passports, birth certificates, and other government-issued IDs are acceptable; school IDs are not.
- Y10: 2009-2012
- Y12: 2007-2010
- Y14: 2005-2008
- Senior: 2006 or earlier
Fees | Back to top
Cash and checks accepted.
- Registration: $20
- Each event: $15
- Additional if not pre-registered: $10
Registration | Back to top
Registration will open one hour prior to the close of registration for each event. Fencers in all events must show their USA Fencing membership card.
- Waiver: All fencers must sign a Waiver of Liability form, available online or at the event. Fencers under 18 years of age must have a parent's or guardian's signature on the Waiver of Liability form. Please bring your health insurance information.
- USA Fencing Membership:
- All events but Senior Mixed Foil: Current non-competitive or competitive USA Fencing membership is required to fence.
- Senior Mixed Foil: Current competitive USA Fencing membership is required to fence.
- All fencers: You must complete your USA Fencing membership application online by Thursday, Sept. 19 so that we may verify your membership prior to the event.
Equipment Check | Back to top
Equipment check will open one hour prior to the close of registration for the first event, and remain open through the last event. Full equipment checks will be performed.
- All events but Senior Mixed Foil: All fencers must have a mask, a mask cord, a body cord, a lamé, a glove, and a foil.
- Senior Mixed Foil: All fencers must have a mask, two mask cords, two body cords, a lamé, a glove, and two foils.
- Armorers will be on hand to perform minor equipment repairs.
- If equipment cannot be repaired, new equipment may be purchased in The Fencing Store. Cash and checks accepted.
Format | Back to top
- Pools, 100% to Direct Elimination.
- Y10 Mixed: 10-touch DEs.
- All other events: 15-touch DEs.
About Novice Events (if present in tournament) | Back to top
A fencer qualifies as a Novice if the date of their first fencing lesson is on or after the date of the tournament, previous year.
- Novice fencers must have a non-competitive USFA membership. See Registration section above.
- Novice fencers must have their own equipment, except that novice fencers will be permitted to fence in an épée mask in place of a foil mask.
Shopping and Snacks | Back to top
- The Fencing Store, located within the Houston Athletic Fencing Center, is a fully equipped fencing store with full lines of equipment, t-shirts, tools, fencing shoes, fencing novelties, etc. Cash and checks accepted.
- Snacks and drinks will be available for purchase. Cash accepted.
Visiting Our Salle | Back to top
- No food in the fencing area. Drinks are permitted in covered containers (bottled drinks, water bottles).
- Please pick up your trash.
- Chairs are available in the fencing area for folks to watch the events. Bleachers are available in the observation area outside the fencing area.
- Please do not interfere with the referees during bouts.
- No running in the fencing area at any time.