Weekend Warrior III
Saturday, Jan. 12
Houston Athletic Fencing Center
4997 W. Bellfort
Houston, TX 77035
Pre-registration opens 12/318/2018
Pre-registration closes end of 1/10/2019
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW.
Any with fewer than 5 registrants as of noon Wednesday, Jan. 9 (three days prior to the tournament) will be cancelled.
Disclaimers | Back to top
- USA Fencing membership required to fence.
Novice events require a $10 non-competitive USFA membership, other events require a competitive membership.
You must complete your USFA membership application online by Wednesday, Jan. 9, so that we may verify your membership prior to the event. If you complete your membership application after Wednesday, Jan. 9, or complete your membership application at the event, there will be a $10 surcharge for processing the paper application. The USFA accepts checks and credit cards.
- If you plan to fence more than one event on the same day, pools in later events will not be delayed for you.
Events | Back to top
Times for events will be announced Sunday, Jan. 6.
- Y10 Mixed Foil: CANCELLED
- Y12 Mixed Foil: CANCELLED
- Y14 Mixed Foil: CANCELLED
- Under 13 Novice Mixed Foil (unsanctioned): UN-CANCELLED AND TIME CHANGED: Registration closes at 8:30 a.m.
- 13 and Over Mixed Foil (unsanctioned): CANCELLED
- Senior Mixed Foil: CANCELLED
Birth Year Requirements | Back to top
If a fencer's USFA membership card does not show his or her birth date as "Verified: Yes" (see back of card), he or she must bring proof of age to registration. Passports, birth certificates, and other government-issued IDs are acceptable; school IDs are not.
- Y10: 2008-2011
- Y12: 2006-2009
- Y14: 2004-2007
- Under 13 Novice: 2006 or later; must have had first fencing lesson Jan. 12, 2018 or later.
- 13 and Over Novice: 2005 or earlier; must have had first fencing lesson Jan. 12, 2018 or later.
- Senior Open: 2005 or earlier
Fees | Back to top
Cash and checks accepted.
- Registration: $20
- Each event: $15
- Additional if not pre-registered: $10
Registration | Back to top
Registration will open one hour prior to the close of registration for each event. Fencers in all events must show their USA Fencing membership card.
- Waiver: All fencers must sign a Waiver of Liability form, available online or at the event. Fencers under 18 years of age must have a parent's or guardian's signature on the Waiver of Liability form. Please bring your health insurance information.
- USA Fencing Membership:
- All events except Novice: Current competitive membership of the USFA is required to fence.
- Novice events: Current non-competitive membership of the USFA is required to fence.
- All fencers: You must complete your USFA membership application online by Wednesday, Jan. 9, so that we may verify your membership prior to the event. If you complete your membership application after Wednesday, Jan. 9, or complete your membership application at the event, there will be a $10 surcharge at the event for processing the paper application. USA Fencing accepts checks and credit cards. Persons under 18 years of age must have a parent's or guardian's signature on the USFA form.
Equipment Check | Back to top
Equipment check will open one hour prior to the close of registration for the first event, and remain open through the last event. Full equipment checks will be performed.
Foil fencers in competitive events must have a mask, two mask cords, two body cords, a lamé, a glove, and two foils.
- Foil fencers in Novice events must have a foil mask (except the conductive material on the lower portion of the bib, and associated mask cord, is not required), body cord, lamé, glove, and foil.
- Armorers will be on hand to perform minor equipment repairs. If equipment cannot be repaired, new equipment may be purchased in The Fencing Store. Cash and checks accepted.
Format | Back to top
- Pools, 100% to Direct Elimination.
- Y10 Mixed and Under 13 Novice Mixed: 10-touch DEs
- All other events: 15-touch DEs.
About Novice Events (if present in tournament) | Back to top
A fencer qualifies as a Novice if the date of their first fencing lesson is on or after Jan. 12, 2018.
- Novice fencers must have a non-competitive USFA membership. See Registration section above.
- Novice fencers must have their own equipment, except that novice fencers will be permitted to fence in a foil mask without conductive material on the lower portion of the bib (or the associated mask cord).
Shopping and Snacks | Back to top
- The Fencing Store, located within the Houston Athletic Fencing Center, is a fully equipped fencing store with full lines of equipment, t-shirts, tools, fencing shoes, fencing novelties, etc. Cash and checks accepted.
- Snacks and drinks will be available for purchase. Cash accepted.
Visiting Our Salle | Back to top
- No food in the fencing area. Drinks are permitted in covered containers (bottled drinks, water bottles).
- Please pick up your trash.
- Chairs are available in the fencing area for folks to watch the events. Bleachers are available in the observation area outside the fencing area.
- Please do not interfere with the referees during bouts.
- No running in the fencing area at any time.