5th Annual Winter is Coming
---------- EVENT SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION ----------
Saturday October 20, 2018
Mixed Foil 10:00am
* Registration for foil closes at 10:00am
* Please arrive early, so that you can:
1. check in
2. sign a waiver
3. get your mask checked
4. warm up
5. get started shortly after registration closes
* The UND Fencing Club in Grand Forks, ND is proud to sponsor this open fencing tournament.
* Friends and family and spectators are welcome!
* We will be running on a strict schedule, so your promptness is much appreciated.
* A waiver must be signed by all participants during check-in.
* All events will be fenced as a single round of pools with 100% promoted to direct-elimination
* There will be no fence-off for third place.
* This fencing event is open to everyone, and no membership of any kind is required.
* This event is meant to bring fencers together for a fun introduction to competitive, electric foil fencing.
---------- VENUE INFORMATION ----------
The tournament will be held at:
University of North Dakota Hyslop Sports Center, Room 209
2751 2nd Avenue North, Grand Forks, ND 58203
* Park in the parking garage to the North of the Hyslop Sports Center.
---------- REGISTRATION INFORMATION ----------
Entry fee is $10.00.
* Preregistration for this event on askFRED is appreciated but not required.
* You can preregister for this event by clicking on the link above.
* Or you can register for the event on site that day.
---------- TOURNAMENT RULES ----------
* This is a non-USFA fencing tournament.
* Fencing uniform is required, including regulation mask, jacket, lame, glove, and non-marking shoes.
* MASKS: A mask with a lame bib is NOT required.
* MASKS: Fencers may wear masks that have a lame bib, but they may not use tape to cover the conductive part of the bib (for safety reasons).
* MASKS: A Leon Paul Contour Fit Plus mask with a fully-functional horizontal back elastic strap does NOT also need to have a horizontal non-elastic strap at this time.
* LAMES: Names and countries are NOT required on the backs of lames.
* Bouts will be self-refereed (i.e. experienced fencers who are not fencing at the time, and who are comfortable with refereeing may referee bouts).
* Medals will be awarded to the top 4 finalists in both of two separate divisions, for foil.
---------- EQUIPMENT CHECK ----------
* Please arrive early to allow time for equipment checks.
* Mask inspections and punch tests will be conducted during check-in.
---------- FOR MORE INFORMATION ----------
* Please contact Clay Willoughby @ 218 791-0989 or claywilloughby@gmail(dot)com
* UND Fencing Club
* The North Dakota Fencing Association is a non-profit organization.
The mission of the North Dakota Fencing Association is to support and promote the art and sport of fencing in North Dakota.