Welcome to the Missoula Youth Cup!
As a reminder to all fencers, coaches, spectators, friends, and family members, these tournaments are designed to promote sportsmanship, friendly competition, and learning. Regardless of a fencer's personal success, it is important that we support all athletes in their journey.
10 am Mixed Epee
10 am Y14 Foil
Noon Unrated Epee
2 pm Div 3 Foil
2 pm Y10/Y12 Epee
Registration and Fees
- Registration is free, each event is $10.
- askFred registration will close the Wednesday prior to the event.
- Times listed are close of check-in. Events will begin approximately 15 mins after close of check-in.
Eligibility and Uniform Requirements
- Junior events will be USFA Sanctioned. All other events are non-unsanctioned.
- Full fencing uniform is required, including plastron and knickers.
- Each event needs a minimum of 3 fencers to be held.
1st place: 20 points
2nd place: 14 points
3rd place: 8 points
Top 8: 4 points
Top 16: 2 points
Top 32: 1 point
- At the end of the season, points winners will receive medals. Ties will be broken by: number of cups attended, then by average placing, followed by points scored in bouts where the two tied fencers fenced each other. If the fencers are somehow still tied, there will be a coin flip.
The Missoula Youth Cup Series was started by Missoula Fencing Association in 2011. For more information, visit http://missoulafencing.net/
Questions can be directed to Laura Lee, Missoula Fencing Association Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org