Join us for the 2018 Inland Empire Junior Olympics Qualifier!
Athletes may qualify for Junior Olympics through this qualifier or be on the National Points Standings for their age category or collect 110 Regional points in their age category (earned at RJCC events).
This year, JO's are February 15-18, 2019 in Denver, CO. For more information on JO's, click here https://www.usafencing.org/2019-feb-jos
Cadet (U17) Women's Epee
Cadet (U17) Women's Foil
Cadet (U17) Men's Epee
Cadet (U17) Men's Foil
Junior (U20) Women's Epee
Junior (U20) Women's Foil
Junior (U20) Men's Epee
Junior (U20) Men's Foil
Event schedule subject to change based on registrations.
Registration and Fees
- The registration fee is $10 and the event fee is $20.
- Events with 4 or more competitors will run. If there are 3 or fewer fencers in an event, all competitors qualify without having to run the event, but all competitors must be present and fees paid in order to qualify.
- Preregistration will close Wednesday, October 17th at Midnight. There will be no exceptions.
- Failure to preregister doubles your registration fee!
Eligibility and Qualification
- In each event, the top 25% (rounded up) will qualify for JOs, with a minimum of 3. If 3 or fewer fencers show up for an event, the event will not be fenced and all will qualify.
- Fencers that earn qualification at the Junior events will automatically for the corresponding Cadet event (if age-eligible.)
- Fencers that wish to qualify for both Junior and Cadet should register and pay for both events. Junior events will take place in the morning, followed by Cadet(if needed) in the afternoon.
- The USFA age classification chart can be found here.
- Since this is a national qualifier, all competitors must be current members of the USFA Inland Empire Division and US citizens or permanent residents.
- Please join or renew your USFA membership online at https://www.usafencing.org/membership prior to arriving at the event.
Armory and Equipment
- Full USFA regulation uniform is required, including plastron, knickers, and knee-length socks. No jeans or sweatpants allowed.
- There will be full armory check for this event. Armory check will be available at the following times
- Friday, October 19 from 5-6 pm
- Saturday, October 20 from 8:30 am to 3 pm
- Sunday, October 21 starting at 8:30 am