FRED Announces the Wang Memorial Region 5 Div 1A/2 ROC and RYC
Division 1A and Division 2 Regional Open Circuit (ROC) and Regional Youth Circuit (RYC) for Region 5
The Armory will be open for weapons inspection 5-8 PM on Friday.
**FENCERS, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS MORE INFORMATION PAGE. THIS PAGE MAY BE UPDATED PERIODICALLY.**
The Wang Memorial funds the Eric Wang Scholarship Fund that is awarded to college bound fencers. For an application, please click here: http://www.fenceintexas.org/Downloads/wangscholar.pdf
------------------ Important Info: -------------------
Wang Memorial Region 5 Division 1A, Division 2 ROC and Y10, Y12, Y14 RYC
Dates: 03/24/2018 - 03/25/2018
ARLINGTON CONVENTION CENTER
1200 Ballpark Way
Arlington, Texas 76011
$5.00 parking fee at the Convention Center
Dallas-Fort Worth Airport (DFW), 3 miles from venue.
We recommend using SuperShuttle: http://www.supershuttle.com/ for shared transport options
Hotel reservations may be made through USA Fencing Group Housing:
** Mixed Use ONLY if reg via POINTS Epee | | 6:00 AM
** Mixed Use ONLY if reg via POINTS Foil | | 6:00 AM
** Mixed Use ONLY if reg via POINTS Saber | | 6:00 AM
**Mixed Use ONLY if reg via POINTS – At this time, askfred will not let you register and pay for an event for which you are not age eligible. If you are eligible to fence in an event by virtue of being on the NRPS in a lower age category, please register and pay for the event in your weapon entitled "Mixed Points Qualification to Change" , and then email the organizers with the name of the athlete, and the events that need to be switched around. Please verify your eligibility via NRPS BEFORE doing this! No refunds will be given for ineligible fencers who mistakenly enter. Please help us to process all of the registrations efficiently by paying for the different event before emailing the organizers.
Event Registration Closes
Senior Men's Division 1A Epee 8:00 AM
Senior Men's Division 2 Saber 8:00 AM
Y10 Men's Foil 8:00 AM
Y10 Women's Foil 8:30 AM
Senior Women's Division 2 Foil 10:30 AM
Y10 Men's Saber 10:30 AM
Y10 Women's Saber 10:30 AM
Y12 Men's Epee 11:30 AM
Y12 Women's Epee 11:30 AM
Y14 Men's Foil 11:30 AM
Senior Women's Division 2 Saber 12:30 PM
Senior Men's Division 2 Foil 2:30 PM
Senior Women's Division 1A Epee 2:30 PM
Y14 Men's Saber 2:30 PM
Y14 Women's Foil 2:30 PM
Y14 Women's Saber 3:30 PM
Event Registration Closes
Senior Men's Division 2 Epee 8:00 AM
Y12 Men's Foil 8:00 AM
Y14 Women's Epee 8:00 AM
Senior Men's Division 1A Saber 8:30 AM
Y12 Women's Foil 8:30 AM
Y10 Women's Epee 10:00 AM
Senior Women's Division 1A Saber 10:30 AM
Y10 Men's Epee 11:30 AM
Senior Men's Division 1A Foil 12:00 PM
Senior Women's Division 1A Foil 12:30 PM
Y14 Men's Epee 12:30 PM
Senior Women's Division 2 Epee 1:00 PM
Y12 Men's Saber 1:30 PM
Y12 Women's Saber 1:30 PM
Event Date Registration Closes
Senior Men's Division 1A Epee Sat 3/24 8:00 AM
Senior Men's Division 2 Saber Sat 3/24 8:00 AM
Y10 Men's Foil Sat 3/24 8:00 AM
Y10 Women's Foil Sat 3/24 8:30 AM
Senior Women's Division 2 Foil Sat 3/24 10:30 AM
Y10 Men's Saber Sat 3/24 10:30 AM
Y10 Women's Saber Sat 3/24 10:30 AM
Y12 Men's Epee Sat 3/24 11:30 AM
Y12 Women's Epee Sat 3/24 11:30 AM
Y14 Men's Foil Sat 3/24 11:30 AM
Senior Women's Division 2 Saber Sat 3/24 12:30 PM
Senior Men's Division 2 Foil Sat 3/24 2:30 PM
Senior Women's Division 1A Epee Sat 3/24 2:30 PM
Y14 Men's Saber Sat 3/24 2:30 PM
Y14 Women's Foil Sat 3/24 2:30 PM
Y14 Women's Saber Sat 3/24 3:30 PM
Senior Men's Division 2 Epee Sun 3/25 8:00 AM
Y12 Men's Foil Sun 3/25 8:00 AM
Y14 Women's Epee Sun 3/25 8:00 AM
Senior Men's Division 1A Saber Sun 3/25 8:30 AM
Y12 Women's Foil Sun 3/25 8:30 AM
Y10 Women's Epee Sun 3/25 10:00 AM
Senior Women's Division 1A Saber Sun 3/25 10:30 AM
Y10 Men's Epee Sun 3/25 11:30 AM
Senior Men's Division 1A Foil Sun 3/25 12:00 PM
Senior Women's Division 1A Foil Sun 3/25 12:30 PM
Y14 Men's Epee Sun 3/25 12:30 PM
Senior Women's Division 2 Epee Sun 3/25 1:00 PM
Y12 Men's Saber Sun 3/25 1:30 PM
Y12 Women's Saber Sun 3/25 1:30 PM
Eligibility for events is determined by BIRTH YEAR, not age at time of participation. The Wang Memorial events use the Age Classification Chart for birth year requirements and exceptions: http://www.usafencing.org/age-classification-eligibility
WAIVER FOR PARTICIPATION:
Fencers must also have a properly signed waiver to fence. This may be downloaded here:
REGISTRATION CUTOFF DATES (all times are Central Standard Time):
- Preregistration opens on 11/27/2017
- Earlybird registration ends at midnight on 1/31/18
- Regular registration starts at midnight 01/31/2018 and end at midnight 3/10/2018
- Triple fees begin at midnight 3/10/2018 and end at midnight at 3/20/2018
- Online registration ends and "at door" registration starts at midnight 3/20/2018
- At the door fees incur an additional $200.00 in addition to triple fees
- Earlybird registration fee: $15.00
- Regular registration fee: $35.00
- Triple registration fee: $105.00
- At the door registration fee: $305.00
- Per event $40.00
- Triple Event Fee: $120.00
Registration is not complete until payment is made.
- Registration fee is not refundable.
- Last day to request refund of entry fees is MARCH 10, 2018.
- Refunds will be processed within 3 weeks after the tournament.
- Refund request should be sent to: email@example.com
- Please include your mailing address with your refund request.
Standard fencing uniforms without any rips, tears, or holes are required. Warm-up pants are not allowed. Names on uniforms are not required.
Fencing glove must cover half of the forearm.
Standard fencing plastron (underarm protector) is required; women must wear chest protector.
Mask must pass a 12K punch test. Elastic strap at back of mask is required.
Cords, lames, and masks are subject to standard electrical resistance checks.
****ARMORY EARLY CHECK-IN****
Weapons check will open Friday evening, 6-8 PM for early check-in.
Medals will be given to the top 8 women and top 8 men in each age category.
If an event is fenced mixed, points are given to the placements regardless of gender, but the medals are given separately. For example, if Y10 Men's and Women's foil is fenced mixed and there is only one girl who places 6th; she will receive points for 6th place, but a 1st place medal.
- All events will be one round of pools with 100% promotion to direct eliminations. Pools of 6 or 7 (whenever possible; however, equal pools sizes should be used per RYC guidelines) with 100% of the fencers promoted to a DE tableau. No fence off for 3rd place.
- Y10 direct elimination bouts are 10 touch bouts (2 three minute periods with 1 minute break in between).
Y12, Y14, and Junior DE bouts are 15 touch bouts (3 three minute periods with a 1 minute break between).
- During the 1 minute breaks, ONE person, designated by the fencer (a teammate, coach, or parent), may be on the strip with the fencer.
Seeding will be based on the following order:
- Current National Rolling Points Standing regardless of classification
- Classification and year
- If athlete has neither National Points nor a weapon classification they are seeded on a random basis with the other athletes in the same situation
- Fencers from the same club will be separated as much as possible in the first round of competition. Seeding will be posted prior to the posting of pools.
Brenda Waddoups - Bout Committee Chair
Ovy Waddoups - Head Armorer
David Sierra - Referee Assigner
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
------------------ To Preregister: ------------------
Preregistration closes on 01/31/2018
If your email program didn't make that URL clickable, copy and paste the whole URL into your web browser. If that fails, go to:
Check FRED for more info, like who is already preregistered, and such:
Who is preregistered: https://askfred.net/Events/whoIsComing.php?tournament_id=39632
More info: https://askfred.net/Events/moreInfo.php?tournament_id=39632
Thanks for using FRED! Any problems, try http://support.askfred.net
Thank-you for playing!