Foil & Epee Regional Youth Circuit for Region 6 in Apex, NC. Regular fee entry deadline January 19th. Payment required to complete entry.
Tournament information communications: Important tournament information will be communicated through the FRED e-mail system. Be sure your e-mail address is up-to-date.
The RYC (Regional Youth Circuit) tournaments are held throughout the season, similar to the Super Youth Circuit tournaments. There are NO national points awarded at Regional Youth competitions. RYC tournaments are open to current USFA competitive members eligible to fence in Open competitions and to foreign fencers with current FIE license.
Youth NAC: Y10 and Y12 fencers must participate in at least one RYC or SYC tournament prior to the regular registration deadline for the March/April Youth NAC in order to be considered eligible to compete. RYCs that take place before the Youth NAC but after the regular registration deadline will NOT be considered for meeting eligibility requirement for the Youth NAC. Y14 registration for this NAC is open and has no pre-tournament requirements.
• Registration and payment is through AskFred. Your registration is incomplete until payment is made via askfred. If you want to make alternate payment arrangements, you must email the organizer at email@example.com before January 19th.
• Regular fee registration period ends at 11:59pm on 01/19/2018.
Registration fee: $30 Event fee: $25
• Late/Double fee registration period ends at 11:59pm on 01/26/2018.
Registration fee: $60 Event fee: $50
• Triple fee registration period ends at 11:59pm on 02/02/2018.
Registration fee: $90 Event fee: $75
• Registration at the door will be triple fees + $200.
The registration portion of the entry fee and any AskFRED surcharges are non-refundable, however the event fees will be refunded for an athlete who needs to withdraw and does so in writing on or before January 19th, 2018. To request a refund, send email firstname.lastname@example.org
• There are no refunds after 1/19/2018, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Refunds will be processed 2-3 weeks following the completion of the tournament.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
• All times listed are close of check-in, and are subject to change. Notifications will be sent through the FRED e-mail system and posted on this tournament home page
• Fencing commences shortly after close of check-in. Arrive sufficiently early to be ready to fence when registration closes. Venue opens at 7:00 a.m. Full equipment check required. Allow sufficient time for equipment check and warm-up.
Feb 3 9:00AM Y14 Men's Foil
Feb 3 9:15AM Y14 Women's Foil
Feb 3 12:00PM Y12 Women's Epee
Feb 3 12:00PM Y12 Men's Epee
Feb 3 2:30PM Y10 Women's Foil
Feb 3 2:30PM Y10 Men's Foil
Feb 4 9:00AM Y12 Women's Foil
Feb 4 9:00AM Y12 Men's Foil
Feb 4 11:00AM Y10 Women's Epee
Feb 4 11:00AM Y14 Men's Epee
Feb 4 11:00AM Y14 Women's Epee
Feb 4 1:00PM Y10 Men's Epee
Preregistration opens on 10/13/2017.
Preregistration closes on 01/19/2018.
• USA Fencing competitive membership required. Must present membership card (or proof of membership payment) at check-in. To print your membership card or to join/renew visit: https://member.usfencing.org
If no proof of membership you must complete and pay for USA Fencing membership. You may join/renew at the door (parent signature required), however arrive with a completed form or plan to come early to complete required paperwork. Credit card required.
Event eligibility is determined by 2017-18 USA Fencing birth year requirements only (not specific day/month). Age verification required either by presenting: USA Fencing card stating Age Verified "Y" OR Copy of birth certificate, or other government-issued ID with photo.
Y10 = 2007-2010
Y12 = 2005-2008 (or on Y10 NRPS)
Y14 = 2003-2006 (or on Y12 NRPS)
Current point standings: http://www.usfencing.org/current-point-standings
•** Liability waiver - Upon entering this tournament you agree to abide by the current rules of USA Fencing and other applicable rules instituted by Apex Fencing Academy. You acknowledge you are entering this tournament at your own risk and release USA Fencing and its sponsors, Apex Fencing Academy, and referees/staff from any liability. With entry you give consent to Apex Fencing Academy to obtain medical care from any licensed physician, hospital or clinic for any injury or illness that may arise during activities associated with this tournament. Photography, filming, recording, or any other form of media of the athlete during the tournament can be used by Apex Fencing Academy and USA Fencing. Those wishing to opt out of media coverage must inform the Bout Committee.**
• Signed waiver required. Click "Download Waiver". Complete and present at check-in.
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/athletes-usa-fencing-rule-book
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), mask cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site.
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Blades: The maximum blade length permitted for Y10 competitions is 32 inches (Size 0, and 2)
Ratings can be awarded, however youth events do not use the E1 or D1 classifications. This means that these events are NR until they achieve C1 level or higher. See USFA ratings chart at: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0034/6264/Classification_Chart.pdf
100% advances to DE after pool results.
• Events will be mixed if less than 5 fencers of either gender
• No fence-off for third place; Medals awarded to 8th place.
• Fencers are responsible for ensuring accuracy of all posted information and must report errors to the bout committee immediately. This includes club affiliation, division, classification, date of birth, gender, spelling of name, etc . Errors in posted pool results must be reported to the BC immediately (within 5 minutes). Once DE round starts and tableau is posted, the pool results are final and no adjustments will be made. Check all scores before leaving the strip. Fencer signature on pool sheet and DE slip implies accuracy.
• Photography and filming is allowed, however NO flash photography is allowed near ongoing competitions.
• Withdrawal during pools: The pools must be fenced through the last bout. A fencer who withdraws, or who is excluded, is scratched from the pool, and his results are annulled as if he had not taken part.
• Withdrawal during DE: When for whatever reason a fencer cannot fence or cannot complete his bout, his opponent is declared winner of that bout. A fencer who withdraws does not lose his place in the overall classification of the competition.
Airport and transportation:
RDU airport 20 min from venue.
Group rate is offered for RYC guests under the Group Name: Apex Fencing Academy
Holiday Inn Express Apex-Raleigh, 1006 Marco Dr, Apex, NC 27502, (919) 387-3636
The cutoff date for making these reservations will be January 2nd
call the hotel directly at 919-387-3636 and reference the Apex Fencing Academy Block or copy and paste the link below to make online reservation:
Candlewood Suites Apex, 1005 Marco Dr, Apex, NC 27502, (919) 387-8595
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary, 131 Columbus Avenue, Cary, North Carolina 27518, 1-919-377-0440
The special room rate will be available until January 13th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
Booking Link: http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/R/RDURCGI-FEN-20180202/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, 201 Ashville Avenue, Cary, North Carolina, 27518
Nearby Food options
There are multiple restaurants within walking distance of the venue. Historic Downtown Apex is only 1 mile away:https://www.apexdowntown.com/