Special team event format to promote team building and 3 weapons skill.
Registration Fee: $3/team; Pre-registration required; registration on-site: $15/team. Medals award from first to fourth places.
Unrated Youth Mixed 3-weapon team - special format Team Foil
Preregistration opens on 08/29/2017.
Preregistration closes on 09/30/2017.
- Each team consists of 3 fencers.
- Each team member fences in one of the three discipline (1 foil, 1 epee and 1 sabre fencer).
- Fencers of each weapon from all teams fence in a pool (1 foil pool, 1epee pool and 1 sabre pool).
- Pool results of all weapons from each team are accumulated and are used to determine seeding for Direct Elimination (DE) round.
- In DE, fencers in each weapon fence for 10 points, 2 periods of 3 minutes bout.
- Order of weapon fences in DE is: sabre, epee and foil.
- Each bout ends when total point reach either 10, 20 and 30 touches for sabre, epee and foil respectively or 2 periods have elapsed in each bout.
- If total point does not reach 10, 20 or 30 touches in each bout, subsequent bouts in different weapons can "catch-up" to its bout's maximum points within its time limits.
- Team reaches 30 touches or earned the highest score when time runs out wins the match and promote to next round.
- When all (6) periods expired and score is tied, coin toss to determine priority for final touch in a one minute bout.