Our vendor is Absolute Fencing who will be on site for all your equipment needs. The Armorer will also provide personal armoring on a fee per basis.
Tournament: Daugherty Challenge DIV1A ROC/RJCC
Date(s): 01/20/2018 - 01/21/2018
Important Information About RJCC
Any RJCCs held after the regular fee deadline for JOs, but before JOs occurs...regional points awarded will count towards July Challenge 2018 and JOs 2019. Those points will go to athletes who remain age eligible after JOs and those who age-in.
Athlete who are aging-out after JOs can fence and earn a new classification but they will not earn regional points.
Cadet 2001-2004: Can only earn only new classification - NO REGIONAL POINTS
U16 2002-2005 : Can earn REGIONAL POINTS and new classification.
Junior 1998-2004: Can only earn only new classification - NO REGIONAL POINTS
U16 1999-2005: Can earn REGIONAL POINTS and new classification.
Event | Date | Registration Closes
Cadet (U17) Women's Epee | Sun 1/21| 3:00 PM
Cadet (U17) Women's Foil | Sat 1/20| 3:00 PM
Cadet (U17) Women's Saber | Sun 1/21| 8:00 AM
Cadet (U17) Men's Epee | Sun 1/21| 1:30 PM
Cadet (U17) Men's Foil | Sat 1/20| 2:00 PM
Cadet (U17) Men's Saber | Sat 1/20| 8:00 AM
Junior (U20) Women's Epee | Sat 1/20| 2:00 PM
Junior (U20) Women's Foil | Sun 1/21| 10:30 AM
Junior (U20) Women's Saber | Sat 1/20| 10:30 AM
Junior (U20) Men's Epee | Sat 1/20| 10:30 AM
Junior (U20) Men's Foil | Sun 1/21| 2:30 PM
Junior (U20) Men's Saber | Sun 1/21| 10:30 AM
Senior Women's Epee | Sun 1/21| 12:00 PM
Senior Women's Foil | Sat 1/20| 12:00 PM
Senior Women's Saber | Sun 1/21| 1:30 PM
Senior Men's Epee | Sun 1/21| 8:00 AM
Senior Men's Foil | Sat 1/20| 8:00 AM
Senior Men's Saber | Sat 1/20| 3:00 PM
DAUGHERTY CHALLENGE ROC DIV1A/RJCC
Registration & Events Fees
- Regular Fees entry deadline 1/9/2018 @11:59 PM- $30 registration plus $45 per event
- Double Fees (JANUARY 10th to JANUARY 15TH 11:59PM EST) - $60 registration fees plus $90 per event
- Triple fees January 15th to January 18th) Registration fee $90 + $135/event
Walk-ins are permitted at the triple fee rate ($90 registration + $135/event)
Your registration is incomplete until payment is made via askfred.
You will need to present:
1- Proof of USFencing membership, FIE license, or foreign federation membership. If no membership provided, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at he door
2- Signed waiver
3- Proof of age – Birth certificate, passport, or USFencing membership card if DOB is noted on the card.
- Registration fees are NON REFUNDABLE
- Before Monday DECEMBER 25TH 11:59PM refund of events fees except askfred fees
- Starting DECEMBER 25TH 2017 NO refund NO exception
To request a refund, send email to TFASTL2009@GMAIL.COM
Fencers must check-in each day they fence
Please arrive sufficiently early for equipment check
Event eligibility is determined by 2017-18 USA Fencing birth year requirement only (not specific day/month). All entrants' age/point eligibility will be verified prior to the tournament, and any ineligible fencers will be notified and removed from the "who's preregistered" list.
Born 2004 or earlier
Bout Committee Chair - MEREDITH DELGADO
Head Referee - FERNANDO DELGADO
DT - HOSSAM HASSAN
Head Armor - CHRIS GREEN
Medical - William Bunge
Equipment Vendor: ABSOLUTE FENCING GEAR
Tournament Format and Rules and Seedings
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/695208-rulebook
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), gloves, sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site for repairs (for fee).
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Medals awarded to top 8.
100% advances to DE after pool results.
Points for ROC
- Regional points to the top 40%, rounding up.
- Up to the best 3 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer's Regional Rank each season.
- Athletes may earn points at ROCs in any region.
- There is NO trickle down for regional points. Points earned in a ROC tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Div 1A do NOT trickle down to Div 2).
- There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION between Div 1A and Div 2/Div 3. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in Div 1A and is age and classification eligible for Div 2 (Div 3), they earn qualification in that category as well.
Points for RJCC
- All athletes whose USA Fencing's membership division is in the region in which the RJCC is held will earn regional points based on placement. Athletes fencing in an RJCC outside their region will not earn regional points. Larger fields will award more points for placement. A percentage of athletes will earn qualification from their rankings on the RRPS. For more information on this Regional Points formula see the Regional Recognition Initiative Document available http://www.usfencing.org/rycresources
- Up to the best 2 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer's Regional Rank each season.
- There is NO trickle down for points at the Regional level. Points earned in a Regional Cadet or Junior tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Junior regional points do NOT trickle down to Cadet).
- There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION at the Regional level. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in an older age group and is age eligible for a younger age group, they earn qualification in that category as well. (For example: If a fencer qualifies to the July Challenge in Juniors and is age eligible for Cadet, he/she will also qualify in Cadet)
- There are NO National Points earned at RJCC events. Junior and Cadet National Points (NRPS) are only awarded at NACs, the July Challenge and Junior Olympic/National Championships.