Premier RJCC Region 3 - Jan 20-21,2018
33 Baldwin Rd, Parsippany, NJ 07054
For questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
***TRIPLE FEES IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL JANUARY 15th 11:59PM EST***
*** NOTE - This RJCC is a qualifying path for region 3 fencers to the Junior Olympics and July Challenge ***
Important Information About RJCC
Any RJCCs held after the regular fee deadline for JOs, but before JOs occurs...regional points awarded will count towards July Challenge 2018 and JOs 2019. Those points will go to athletes who remain age eligible after JOs and those who age-in.
Athlete who are aging-out after JOs can fence and earn a new classification but they will not earn regional points.
Registration, Events Fees
- Regular Fees entry deadline EXTENDED Monday January 8th 11:59PM EST- $30 registration plus $40 per event
- Double Fees (January 9th to January 13th 11:59PM EST) - $60 registration fees plus $80 per event
- Triple Fees (January 14th to January 15th 11:59PM EST) - $90 registration fees plus $120 per event
Starting January 16th no registration will be accepted through askfred.
Walk-ins are permitted at the triple fee rate ($90 + $120).
Your registration is incomplete until payment is made via askfred. If you want to make alternate payment arrangements, you must email the organizer at email@example.com before Monday January 1st 11:59PM EST.
Venue opens 6:30AM each day.
You will need to present:
1- Proof of USFencing membership, FIE license, or foreign federation membership. If no membership provided, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at he door
2- Signed waiver
3- Proof of age – Birth certificate, passport, or USFencing membership card if DOB is noted on the card.
- Registration fees are NON REFUNDABLE
- Before Monday January 1st 11:59PM EST refund of events fees except askfred fees
- Starting January 2nd NO REFUND NO EXCEPTION
To request a refund, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan 20 8:00AM Cadet Women's Epee
Jan 20 8:00AM Junior Men's Foil
Jan 20 1:00PM Junior Women's Foil
Jan 20 1:00PM Cadet Men's Epee
Jan 20 4:00PM Cadet Women's Saber
Jan 20 4:00PM Junior Men's Saber
Jan 21 8:00AM Junior Men's Epee
Jan 21 9:00AM Cadet Women's Foil
Jan 21 11:30AM Junior Women's Epee
Jan 21 1:30PM Cadet Men's Foil
Jan 21 3:30PM Cadet Men's Saber
Jan 21 3:30PM Junior Women's Saber
Cadet = 2001-2004 (or on Y14 NRPS)
Junior = 1998-2004 (or on Cadet NRPS)
Exception to age eligibility
In addition to the above eligible age, the following ages will be also eligible to fence this RJCC
Cadet = 2002-2005 (or on Y14 NRPS)
Junior = 1999-2005 (or on Cadet NRPS)
If your age is within the above exceptions and you can't register online, please send an email to email@example.com to be added.
Current point standings: http://www.usfencing.org/current-point-standings
Tournament Organizer/Floor manager - Hussein Tolba
Bout Committee Chair - Rasha Abdellatif
Head Referee - Abdel Aziz
Referees Committee - TBA
Head Armor - Paul Szmaida
Medical - George Cummings
Equipment Vendor - Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear http://www.blue-gauntlet.com
Official Tournament Merchandiser - Lamsah Custom Printing http://lamsah.us
Tournament Format and Rules and Seeding
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/695208-rulebook
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), gloves, sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site for repairs (for fee).
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Medals awarded to top 8.
100% advances to DE after pool results.
Points for RJCC
- All athletes whose USA Fencing's membership division is in the region in which the RJCC is held will earn regional points based on placement. Athletes fencing in an RJCC outside their region will not earn regional points. Larger fields will award more points for placement. A percentage of athletes will earn qualification from their rankings on the RRPS.
- Up to the best 2 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer's Regional Rank each season.
- There is NO trickle down for points at the Regional level. Points earned in a Regional Cadet or Junior tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Junior regional points do NOT trickle down to Cadet).
- There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION at the Regional level. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in an older age group and is age eligible for a younger age group, they earn qualification in that category as well. (For example: If a fencer qualifies to the July Challenge in Juniors and is age eligible for Cadet, he/she will also qualify in Cadet)
- There are NO National Points earned at RJCC events. Junior and Cadet National Points (NRPS) are only awarded at NACs, the July Challenge and Junior Olympic/National Championships.
HOTEL1 - Embassy Suites By Hilton Parsippany
909 Parsippany Blvd., Parsippany NJ 07054. Phone: (973) 939-2113
•Free High Speed Internet
•Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and evening reception
Book by December 29th, 2017 to receive our negotiated rate of $105+tax per night (King Suite), and $125+tax per night (Double Bed suite)
You can book by calling toll-free number 1-800-EMBASSY (1-800-362-2779) or you may call the Hotel directly at 973-334-1440 and mention “Group Rate” for "Premier Fencing Club January" or simply click on http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/P/PRNNJES-PF1-20180119/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
HOTEL2 - Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany
3535 US Highway 46 East at Cherry Hill Road • Parsippany NJ 07054. Phone: (973) 263-0095
•Free High Speed Internet
Our negotiated rate is 99.00 USD per night
Book your room by visiting the following link