Pacific Northwest Cup is a series of 5 tournaments for Y10, Y12, and Y14 fencers.
Fencers will earn points at each tournament. Prizes will be awarded based on fencer's top 3 results in the series.
At Northwest Fencing Center, we pride ourselves in sportsmanship at all levels. The Pacific Northwest Cups are specifically designed to encourage sportsmanship and fair play for our youth fencers. We expect the same level of respect from the parents and spectators, regardless of the level of competition-local, national, or international.
Points will be awarded as follow
- 1st place: 20 pts
- 2nd place: 14 pts
- 3rd place: 8 pts
- Top 8: 4 pts
- Top 16: 2 pts
- Top 32: 1 pt
- 8:00 AM - Doors open
- 9:00 AM - Y10 Foil, Y14 Foil, Y12 Epee
- 1:00 PM - Y12 Foil, Y14 Epee
Registration & Fees
- Registration is through askFRED.net. Payment must be made via Askfred.net. Registration is not complete until payment is made.
- The regular fee registration period ends at 11:59pm on 1/2/18.
Registration fee: $20
Event fee: $10
- The double-fee registration period begins on 1/3/18 and ends at 11:59pm on 1/5/18.
Double-Fee Period Registration fee: $40
Double-Fee Period Event fee: $20
- Registrations will not be accepted after 11:59pm on 1/5/18. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are listed as an “incomplete” registrant on FRED’s list, you are not yet registered!
Registration fees will not be refunded. There are no exceptions.
Prior to January 6th, the event fee will be refunded if the bout committee is contacted with a refund request. After January 6th, there will be no refunds of the event fee.
Fees are set and exceptions cannot be made. Please make your registrations early to avoid complications.
Fencers competing must be current competitive members of the US Fencing Association, registered with the USFA. To become a member or renew your membership, please visit https://www.usfencing.org
Please note that all memberships expire on July 31st, so if you have not renewed since July 31st you are not a current member. One-day memberships are not valid for this tournament. If you do not have a membership at check-in, you will be required to sign up for one on the day of the tournament. Your USFA membership card will be checked during check-in, so please make sure you have it with you!
Fencers must follow the age and classification restrictions set forth by the USFA.
- Youth 10 - Fencers born between 2007-2010
- Youth 12 - Fencers born between 2005-2008
- Youth 14 - Fencers born between 2003-2006
EXCEPTION TO AGE ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA
- Youth 12 – A fencer born after 2008 can fence in Y12 IF the fencer is on the National Youth 10 Point Standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
- Youth 14 – A fencer born after 2006 can fence in Y14 IF the fencer is on the National Youth 12 Point Standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament
All USA Fencing uniform requirements apply. This includes the mandatory use of knickers, long socks, and underarm protectors. Names are NOT required to be on the uniform.
The event will be held at: Northwest Fencing Center, 4950 SW Western Ave, Beaverton, OR 97005
For directions, visit http://www.nwfencing.org
Equipment will be available for purchase.
We will have healthy snacks available for purchase. A food cart corner is also located around the building.