Fairfax Challenge ROC (DIV1A, DIV2, and VET)
December 16th & 17th 2017
Roland Park Country School
5204 Roland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21210
For questions, please send an email to email@example.com
***Triple fees now in effect until Mon 12/11/17 11:59PM EST**
***Pre-Order Tournament T-shirt now for a very special price $10. It is made by Lamsah Custom Printing. There will no T-Shirt Sale at the venue***
***Hotel Cut-Off date extended until December 5th 2017***
Registration & Events Fees
- Regular Fees entry deadline (EXTENDED) Wednesday November 29th 11:59PM EST- $30 registration plus $40 per event
- Double Fees (November 30th to December 4th 11:59PM EST) - $60 registration fees plus $80 per event
- Triple Fees (December 5th to December 11th 11:59PM EST) - $90 registration fees plus $120 per event
Starting December 12th no registration will be accepted through askfred.
Walk-ins are permitted at the triple fee rate ($90 registration + $120/event) AND are subject to a $200 surcharge per the US Fencing RYC and RCC guidelines
Your registration is incomplete until payment is made via askfred. If you want to make alternate payment arrangements, you must email the organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday November 27th 11:59PM EST.
Venue opens 6:30AM each day.
You will need to present:
1- Proof of USFencing membership, FIE license, or foreign federation membership. If no membership provided, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at he door
2- Signed waiver
3- Proof of age Ė Birth certificate, passport, or USFencing membership card if DOB is noted on the card.
- Registration fees are NON REFUNDABLE
- Before Monday November 27th 11:59PM EST refund of events fees except askfred fees
- Starting November 28th 2017 NO refund NO exception
To request a refund, send email to email@example.com
08:00 AM Div 1A Menís Foil
08:00 AM Div II Womenís Epee
12:00 PM Div 1A Menís Sabre
12:00 PM Vet Womenís Epee
02:00 PM Div 1A Womenís Foil
02:00 PM Div II Menís Epee
04:00 PM Div II Womenís Sabre
04:00 PM Vet Womenís Foil
04:00 PM Vet Menís Foil
08:00 AM Div 1A Menís Epee
08:00 AM Div II Womenís Foil
12:00 PM Div 1A Womenís Epee
02:00 PM Div II Menís Foil
02:00 PM Vet Menís Sabre
02:00 PM Vet Womenís Sabre
04:00 PM Div II Menís Sabre
04:00 PM Vet Menís Epee
04:00 PM Div 1A Womenís Sabre
Fencers must check-in each day they fence
Please arrive sufficiently early for equipment check
Event eligibility is determined by 2017-18 USA Fencing birth year requirement only (not specific day/month). All entrants' age/point eligibility will be verified prior to the tournament, and any ineligible fencers will be notified and removed from the "who's preregistered" list.
Born 2004 or earlier
Bout Committee Chair - Rasha Abdellatif
Head Referee - Charles Greene II
DT - Charles Greene, Abdel Aziz, Rasha Abdellatif
Head Armor - Craig Gault
Medical - George Cummings
Equipment Vendor - Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear http://www.blue-gauntlet.com
Tournament Format and Rules and Seedings
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/695208-rulebook
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), gloves, sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site for repairs (for fee).
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Medals awarded to top 8.
100% advances to DE after pool results.
Points for ROC
- Regional points to the top 40%, rounding up.
- Up to the best 3 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer's Regional Rank each season.
- Athletes may earn points at ROCs in any region.
- There is NO trickle down for regional points. Points earned in a ROC tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Div 1A do NOT trickle down to Div 2).
- There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION between Div 1A and Div 2/Div 3. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in Div 1A and is age and classification eligible for Div 2 (Div 3), they earn qualification in that category as well.
- Veteran events are ROC and a qualifying PATH to Summer Nationals.
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
903 Dulaney Valley Rd
Towson, MD, 21204 - Phone:
For Reservations: Guests may call Sheraton Central Reservations at 1-888-627-7147 and reference the group: "Fairfax Challenge December 2017" to enjoy our negotiated rate of $139/night + tax OR simply click on the following link https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1708105737&key=257FCA6F. Hotel Cut-Off date is December 5th 2017.
* Indoor swimming pool.
* Free Wireless High-Speed Internet
* Hotel connected to Towson Town Center Mall via skywalk
* Parking is $10/day including in/out privileges
* Complimentary shuttle within 5-mile radius of the hotel