MAY 2017 IS A “REGULAR SEASON TOURNAMENT” MONTH.
We hold FIVE event categories over TWO days during these months.
PLEASE REVIEW THE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & CHECK-IN BELOW.
South Florida Sabre Fencing League (SFSFL) Tournament Circuit encompasses a blend of sanctioned and exhibition* events for all ages and levels—competitive, recreational, beginner, and emerging competitive fencers. Our goal is to create a positive tournament experience and setting for every fencer, while providing a level of professionalism expected of an elite fencing center.
All SFSFL events have a Rolling Point List System (RPL) in place. The RPL is used to show athlete progress and achievement in each category and for presentation of Awards to Top Points Holders in each category at the Season Championship Awards Ceremony at the June Championship.
The SFSFL holds TWO types of Tournaments during the Fencing Season.
Schedule of Events & Check-In for REGULAR & SPECIAL Tournament Months are at the bottom.
1. REGULAR SEASON TOURNAMENTS
When: September thru November & January thru May. Saturday & Sunday
Event Categories: Youth 8/10*, Youth 12*, Youth 14, Division 2, Division 1A
2. SPECIAL COMBINED TOURNAMENTS
When: August, December & June. Sunday only.
Event Categories: Youth Combined*, Senior Combined
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS TO COMPETE IN ANY SFSFL TOURNAMENT:
1. ALL FENCERS MUST HAVE CURRENT USA FENCING COMPETITIVE MEMBERSHIP OR EQUIVALENT FROM THE COUNTRY THEY REPRESENT. Membership available onsite.
2. MASKS WILL BE CHECKED BALLISTIC SECURITY.
3. FIE SABRE GLOVES ARE REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION.
4. TWO WORKING SETS OF BODY CORDS & TWO SABRES ARE REQUIRED BY ALL.
5. ALL USA FENCING RULES OF TOURNAMENT PLAY ARE ENFORCED AT SFSFL EVENTS.
REGULAR SEASON TOURNAMENT EVENTS & SCHEDULE:
Division IA Senior Mixed Sabre (OPEN – DOB 2003 & older)
Division 2 Senior Mixed Sabre (C & Under – DOB 2003 & older)
Youth-14 Mixed Sabre (DOB 2002 & younger)
Youth-12 Mixed Sabre* (DOB 2004 & younger)
Youth-8/10 Mixed Sabre* (DOB 2006 & younger)
2. SCHEDULE of Check-In:
1:30 - 2:00pm: Division 2 Senior Mixed Sabre
1:30 - 2:00pm: Y10 Mixed Youth Sabre
9:30 - 10:00am: Division 1A Senior Mixed Sabre
9:30 - 10:00am: Y12 Mixed Sabre
1:30 - 2:00pm: Y14 Mixed Sabre
SPECIAL COMBINED TOURNAMENT EVENTS & SCHEDULE
Youth Combined* (DOB 2002 & younger)
Senior Combined (DOB 2003 & older)
2. SCHEDULE of Check-In:
10:00 – 10:30am: Youth Combined
10:00 – 10:30am Senior Combined
LOCATION of ALL SFSFL Monthly Tournaments:
DuelLIFE Olympic Fencing Center
by Sabre Outreach Network
3017 NW 60th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
* The events designated with an asterisk (*) are Exhibition Practice Events administered under the same exacting criteria as our USA Fencing Sanctioned Tournament Events in order to teach the young and emerging athletes the proper methodology, progression and conditions under which they must compete to achieve the excellence in play and performance expected of SON athletes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: