Fairfax Challenge RJCC Region 6
September 17th and 18th 2016
Ernst Community Cultural Center
Northern Virginia Community College
8333 Little River Turnpike
Annandale, VA 22003-3796
Live Results at https://livefencingresults.com/2016/fairfax-challenge-rjcc/
for questions, please send us an email to email@example.com and someone will get back to you in a timely manner. Please state name of the tournament in the "Subject" line
*** Triple Fees in effect until Monday 9/12/16 11:59PM***
Registration, Events Fees, and Check-In
Regular Fees entry deadline August 29 2016 11:59PM EST- $30 registration plus $40 per event (Extended to 9/2 11:59PM)
Double Fees (August 30 2016 to September 5 2016 11:59PM EST) - $60 registration fees plus $80 per event
Triple Fees (September 6 2016 to September 12 11:59PM EST) - $90 registration fees plus $120 per event
Starting September 13 2016, no registration will be accepted through askfred.
Walk-ins are permitted at the triple fee rate ($90 + $120) AND are subject to a $200 surcharge per the US Fencing ROC guidelines
Your registration is incomplete until payment is made via askfred. If you want to make alternate payment arrangements, you must email the organizer before October 03 2016.
Check-In Venue open 7:00AM on Sat, and 7:00AM on Sunday.
You will need to present:
- Proof of USFencing membership, FIE license, or foreign federation membership. If no membership provided, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at he door
- Signed waiver
- Proof of age: Birth certificate, passport, driver license or USFencing membership card if DOB is noted on the card.
- Registration fees are NON REFUNDABLE
- Before August 29 2016 11:59PM: refund of event fees except askfred fees
- After August 29 2016: No refund: No exception
To request a refund, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Rules Applied
Effective August 1st, the following new rules applied in all USFencing events.
- In Foil - Reversing shoulders is a group 1 penalty
- In Saber, referees should place fencers in a way that the back foot in front of the "On Guard" lines.
- In Saber, New machine timing will be applied. Touches can be registered if it occurs within a maximum of 170 ms(+- 10 ms tolerance). All machines used in the Fairfax Challenge RJCC will be upgraded to the new timing.
Referee Challenge (when time permits)
*** Canceled due to lack of interest ***
08:00 AM Cadet Women's Epee
08:00 AM Junior Men's Foil
01:00 PM Junior Women's Foil
01:00 PM Cadet Men's Epee
04:00 PM Cadet Women's Saber
04:00 PM Junior Men's Saber
08:00 AM Cadet Women's Foil
08:00 AM Junior Men's Epee
11:30 AM Junior Women's Epee
01:30 PM Cadet Men's Foil
03:30 PM Junior Women's Saber
04:00 PM Cadet Men's Saber
Fencers must check-in each day they fence
Please arrive sufficiently early for equipment check
Event eligibility is determined by 2016-17 USA Fencing birth year requirements only (not specific day/month). All entrants' age/point eligibility will be verified prior to the tournament, and any ineligible fencers will be notified and removed from the "who's preregistered" list.
Exception to Age Eligibility
- Cadet (through JO's): A fencer born after 2003 can fence in Cadet local and regional competitions, NAC Cadet tournaments and Junior Olympic Cadet Fencing Championships and qualifying tournaments IF the fencer is on the National Youth 14 point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
- Junior (through JO's): A fencer born after 2003 can fence in Junior local and regional competitions, NAC Junior and Junior Olympic Junior Fencing Championships and qualifying tournaments IF the fencer is on the National Cadet point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
- Cadet (After JO's): A fencer born after 2004 can fence in Cadet competition for the 2017 July Challenge IF the fencer is on the National Youth 14 point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
- Junior (After JO's): A fencer born after 2004 can fence in Junior competition for the 2017 July Challenge IF the fencer is on the National Cadet
point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament
Bout Committee Chair: David Blake
Head Referee: Charles Greene II
Head Armor: Douglas Jones
Medical - Claudine Desamours
Equipment Vendor: Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear http://www.blue-gauntlet.com
Tournament Format and Rules and Seeding
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/695208-rulebook
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), gloves, sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site for repairs (for fee).
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Medals awarded to top 8.
100% advances to DE after pool results.
Points for RJCC
- All athletes whose USA Fencing's membership division is in the region in which the RJCC is held will earn regional points based on placement. Athletes fencing in an RJCC outside their region will not earn regional points. Larger fields will award more points for placement. A percentage of athletes will earn qualification from their rankings on the RRPS. For more information on this Regional Points formula see the Regional Recognition Initiative Document available http://www.usfencing.org/rycresources
- Up to the best 2 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer's Regional Rank each season.
- There is NO trickle down for points at the Regional level. Points earned in a Regional Cadet or Junior tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Junior regional points do NOT trickle down to Cadet).
- There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION at the Regional level. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in an older age group and is age eligible for a younger age group, they earn qualification in that category as well. (For example: If a fencer qualifies to the July Challenge in Juniors and is age eligible for Cadet, he/she will also qualify in Cadet)
- There are NO National Points earned at RJCC events. Junior and Cadet National Points (NRPS) are only awarded at NACs, the July Challenge and Junior Olympic/National Championships.
Taysons Corner Marriott
8028 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, VA 22182
Our negotiated rate is $79.00/night + tax
Breakfast not included. On-site parking for $6.00/day
Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield
8125 Gatehouse Road, Falls Church, VA 22042
Tel (703) 573-5200
Our negotiated rate is $89.00 to $109/night + tax
Breakfast Buffet and free parking included.