Spend your Memorial Day weekend in sunny San Luis Obispo for the 9th Annual SLO Open!
- The event will be on SATURDAY of Memorial Day weekend, not Sunday as it has been in the past.
- We will be in Cal Poly Rec Center Main Gym, not Mott Gym.
The CCFF is once again providing event t-shirts and the logo will be designed by Max Forward, the amazing artist behind your favorite SLO Open shirts from the past. More about Max on his website: http://www.digitalstoryboards.com/
If you would like to order extra shirts, please email the organizers with quantities and sizes prior to May 13th to ensure sizes. Extra shirts will be $15 each.
Results will be posted live at http://www.centralcoastfencing.org/LiveResults/2016SLOOpen
- Mixed Senior Open Foil
- Mixed Senior Open Epee
- Mixed Senior Open Saber
Register after May 13:
$45 per event (no event shirt)
If you pre-register by May 13, a shirt will be reserved for you. Shirts will be provided for those who register after May 13 or at the event only if we have some left over.
- 2015-2016 Season USFA membership required. Membership forms will be available at the event but it will be easier if you sign up online before the event. New USFA members - your membership will be valid through the 2016-2017 season!
- Waivers will be required for all non-Cal Poly fencers. Fencers under 18 will need a parent/guardian present at check-in to sign the waiver. An electronic version is available if needed prior to the day of the event.
- Underarm protectors & fencing pants will be required to fence.
- Equipment will be available for rent from the Cal Poly Fencing Team.
- Fencers may cross-over in one event (that is, fencers can compete in a maximum of two weapons)
Walter Goodwater - (805) 234-3648
Directions to Venue:
From the south:
- Take 101 to the Grand Ave./Cal Poly exit
- Turn left on Grand Ave toward Cal Poly
From the north:
- Take 101 to the Monterey exit
- Turn right at Buena Vista Ave.
- Turn left on Loomis
- Turn right on Grand toward Cal Poly
- Once on campus, you will see some construction and eventually a concrete parking structure on the left
- Park in the structure on the lowest level (parking is free on weekends)
- The Cal Poly Rec Center is the large silver building directly west of the parking structure. From the structure, walk down path between tennis courts and the pool, then turn right. Enter on the north side of the building (the side facing Perimeter Rd.)
NOTE! Pre-registration will close the Thursday prior to the tournament.