Daylight savings time starts Sunday, March 11th! Set your clocks forward one hour!
ONLINE REGISTRATIONS WILL CLOSE AT 10:01 PM ON MARCH 1ST. After March 1st, you may still register at the door. IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID, PLEASE DO SO NOW. Pre-registrations without payment will be removed on March 1st and these will incur the "at the door" late registration of $100 and $45 per event!
Names of all fencers registered by FEBRUARY 29th will be printed on the back of the t-shirts.
Link to digital visitor guide http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/MaddenMedia/txarlovg12/2011122001/#0
For Enterprise Rental Car Discounts with Enterprise Rental Car (and discounts to attractions in Arlington) - http://www.arlington.org/enterprise
REGIONAL OPEN CIRCUIT (ROC) DIV IA, DIV II events: $5 of entry fees go to the USFA for tournament development; REGIONAL YOUTH CIRCUIT (RYC) Y14, Y12, Y10 events: $3 of entry fees go to the USFA for tournament development; remaining proceeds will go to the Eric Wang Scholarship Fund. This scholarship is available to any college bound fencer in the USA. For more information on the Eric Wang Scholarship, please see http://www.fenceintexas.org/scholarships.htm
If you do not wish to use a credit card to pay online, you may mail a check to:
Fencing Institute of Texas
11482 Luna Road Suite 100
Farmers Branch, TX 75234
Your check must be RECEIVED (NOT POSTMARKED) BY THE ENTRY DATE. Make sure it is clearly marked "Wang Memorial"
Venue: Arlington Convention Center
1200 Ballpark Way
Arlington, Texas 76011
Comfort Inn and Suites
411 W. Road to Six Flags, Arlington, TX, US, 76011
Phone: (817) 460-8700
Host hotel will have a shuttle for fencers to and from the venue and local restaurants. Cost of shuttle for adults is $5 round trip; children ride free. Breakfast (0645-10am) and wi-fi are included in the $74+taxes room rate. You must state you are with US Fencing or the Wang Memorial Fencing group. These block of rooms will be returned on March 1st and the rates increase substantially.
The hotel has a shuttle to Love Field for $25 and DFW for $20.
Link to digital visitor guide for Arlington, Texas:
For Enterprise Rental Car Discounts, go to Enterprise Rental Car (discounts to attractions in Arlington) - http://www.arlington.org/enterprise
Sponsored by ABSOLUTE FENCING GEAR, exclusive vendor and supplier of metal pistes and scoring equipment.
Event Listing by Day
Events listed are close of registration times. Event start times will be approximately 1/2 hour later.We strive not to keep you waiting around! Note: Per RYC guidelines, Youth events may be fenced mixed if less than 6 fencers of each gender register.
- 8:00 AM
Y12 Men's Foil
Y12 Women's Foil
- 8:30 AM
Division IA Men's Epee
Division II Men's Sabre
- 10:30 AM
Y12 Men's Sabre
Y12 Women's Sabre
- 11:00 AM
Y14 Women's Epee
- 12:00 NOON
Division II Men's Foil
Y14 Men's Epee
- 12:30 PM
Y10 Men's Foil
Y10 Women's Foil
- 1:30 PM
Division IA Women's Epee
- 2:00 PM
Division II Women's Sabre
- 2:30 PM
Y10 Men's Epee
Y10 Women's Epee
- 3:30 PM
Division II Women's Foil
- 8:00 AM
Division IA Men's Sabre
Division II Men's Epee
- 8:30 AM
Y14 Men's Foil
Y14 Women's Foil
- 10:30 AM
Y12 Men's Epee
Y12 Women's Epee
- 11:00 AM
Division IA Men's Foil
Y14 Men's Sabre
Y14 Women's Sabre
- 1:00 PM
Division II Women's Epee
- 1:30 PM
Division IA Women's Sabre
- 2:00 PM
Division IA Women's Foil
- 2:30 PM
Y10 Men's Sabre
Y10 Women's Sabre
Please note: your registration is NOT complete without payment of all required fees. Event fees include the ROC and RYC Program Support Fee paid to the National Office.
- Early Bird Registration $20
- Regular Registration (1/16- 10pm 2/26): $45
- Online Late Registration (10:01pm 2/26-3/01 10 pm): $65
- At the door late fees: $100
- Event Fees:
- Online Event Fees: $35 per event (through 10pm 3/1)
- At the door Event Fees: $45 per event (after 10 pm 3/01)
If you prefer to pay by check, register online with askfred and mail your payment for registration and entry fees to:
FENCING INSTITUTE OF TEXAS
11482 LUNA ROAD, SUITE 100
FARMERS BRANCH, TX 75234
Include the following information with your payment:
- Your Name (PRINT)
- Your Division
- Your Club Representation
- Your Birth Year
- Male or Female
- The events you wish to fence (specify Div 1A, Div 2, Y14, Y12, Y10)
- Your weapons ratings for ALL weapons; example: F: B2010, E: D2011, S: Unrated
$20 of the registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. Any requests for refunds due to outstanding and unusual circumstances are at the discretion of the organizers and will be processed after the tournament.
Combining Events: Events may be combined by age to provide a larger field of competition if there are fewer than 6 entries of one gender. For example, Y10 Men’s & Women’s Saber will be fenced as one event if fewer than 6 entries are in either gender; however, awards will still be given by gender.
Seeding: Seeding will be based on the following order:
• National Rolling Points Standing (RYC events go all the way down the NRPS, not just through the top 32)
• Classification and year
• If athlete has neither National Points nor a weapon classification they are seeded on a random basis with the other athletes in the same situation
Arlington Convention Center
1200 Ballpark Way
Arlington, TX 76011
Parking is $5.00 at the site; there is plenty of parking at the venue.
- From Fort Worth on Interstate 30 - East on I-30 to the Baird Farm/ Legends Way/Ballpark Way exit #28 onto Copeland Road. Turn right onto Convention Center Dr. Take another right onto Ballpark Way. The Convention Center is located on the right just south of the Sheraton Hotel and north of the Ballpark in Arlington. Enter at the marquee and proceed to the parking area on the west side of the facility.
- From Dallas on Interstate 30 - West on I-30 to Ballpark Way exit. At the top of the exit, turn right. This will take you back over I-30 (south bound). The Convention Center is located at the bottom of the hill on the right, just south of the Sheraton Hotel and north of the Ballpark in Arlington. Enter at the marquee and proceed to the parking area on the west side of the facility.
- From D/FW Airport (Mid-Cities Area) - South on Highway 360 to the Lamar/Six Flags Drive exit. Turn right on Lamar (first light). At the third traffic light, turn left onto Ballpark Way. Cross over I-30 and go through one light. The Convention Center is located on the right just south of the Sheraton Hotel and north of the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Enter at the marquee and proceed to the parking area on the west side of the facility.
- From Interstate 20 (from Dallas or Fort Worth) - Travel east or west on I-20 until the Highway 360 exit. Take 360 north to the Randol Mill Road exit. Exit and turn left on Randol Mill Road. Continue to the third traffic light which is Ballpark Way, and turn right. After passing the Ballpark in Arlington (on the left), the Convention Center will be on the left side, south of the Sheraton Hotel. Enter at the marquee and proceed to the parking area on the west side of the facility.
All events will be fenced electrically on appropriately grounded METALLIC STRIPS! Masks, body cords AND LAMES! will be subject to equipment control. Seeding will be according to standard guidelines for ROC events. It is the responsibility of the fencer to notify the Bout Committee at the time of registration if they are on the NRPS. One round of pools will be fenced; 100% promoted to DE's of 15 touches (or 2 out of 3 five touch encounters in Y12 and Y10). Initial seeding, seeding after pools and final placements will be posted in the venue. Fencers are responsible for verifying the posted lists, and signing their pool and DE sheets. Reseeds due to information that it was the fencer's responsibility to notify the Bout Committee of (NRPS standing, club representation, etc) will result in a $25 fine, payable in cash. Organizers reserve the right to limit fencing in cross-over events in order to efficiently run the tournament.
Fencers must be a USFA or FIE Member. ONE DAY USFA MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOT VALID FOR ENTRY INTO ROC EVENTS. Proof of membership is required. Pre-registered fencers will receive membership status information via askFRED email using most current USFA membership data. Age status will be checked against USFA membership data - bring proof of age if there are discrepancies. While fencers are encouraged to get memberships directly through the USFA prior to the competition, completed USFA membership forms will be accepted at the door. If you do not have proof of membership, you will be required to complete and pay for a membership. Payment for memberships is made directly to the USFA (NO CASH!); bring separate check or credit card number (preferred) for membership. Fencers under 18 years old are reminded they need the signature of a parent or guardian (not a coach) on BOTH the membership and waiver forms.
Waiver of Liability
The North Texas Division Waiver of Liability is required to be filled out and signed. It can be downloaded at http://www.northtexasfencing.org/gov_docs/waiverconsent.pdf
David Sierra - Referee Coordinator
Amgad Badawi - Head Referee
Vincent Santa Maria
Brenda Waddoups - Technical Committee Chair
Ovy Waddoups - Head Armourer