The New York Athletic Club presents The Fencing Masters Qualifier
as part of "The Mercury Cup"
- Each participant receives a general admissions ticket to the Fencing Masters event on November 17th.
- The Top-8 receive Fencing Masters t-shirts.
- The winner of any Fencing Masters qualifier event qualifies to fence in the Club Champion's Tournament on November 17th, in New York during the Expo leading up to the round 8 finals of Fencing Master New York (Competitors in the 8: Montano, Lopez, Marti, O'Connell, Homer, Morehouse, Igoe and YOU?)
- All local winners will also be recognized on stage during the event.
- Your entry helps support the USA Olympic Team!
About FENCING MASTERS NYC:
Fencing Masters is a fencing showcase featuring some of the best men's and women's saber in the world taking on members of the US Olympic and National team. The event will be held on November 19th at The Hammerstein Ballroom (a 2,000 seat arena) and a portion of proceeds will go towards a grant for Team USA hopefuls. Already scheduled to compete Aldo Montano, Mariel Zagunis, Nicolas Lopez, Olga Kharlan, Tim Morehouse, Daryl Homer, Jaime Marti and more.
Registration Closes at 11:59PM ET the Wednesday before the event.
One round of pools, 100% promotion to direct elimination without repechage.
Time & Location
Check-In and Late-Registration CLOSES promptly at the time specified, with the first round beginning 15-20 minutes later. The New York Athletic Club is located at 180 Central Park South, in Manhattan. Please use the 58th Street Entrance at the NE corner of 58th St and 7th Ave, under the green NYAC awning.
Several garages in the area give discounts to NYAC guests, including most on 58th street both east and west of 7th avenue. Make sure to look for the NYAC winged foot sign at the garage entrance, and ask the NYAC desk guard to validate your ticket before you leave the club. Note: This info is to help you... we do not guarantee any discounts whatsoever. If you are looking for free street parking, we recommend the Upper West Side between 63rd and 70th, or directly west of the NYAC on 58th St around 10th Ave.
- All events require registration and pre-payment via AskFRED by the stated close of registration date.
- There is an extra $10 fee for late or onsite registration/payment (NO EXCUSES ACCEPTED - THIS MEANS YOU).
- NYAC Member Info: If you are a card-carrying member of the NYAC, sign-up but DO NOT go through online payment. I will approve your entries when I see them and you will pay at the door. Gate list guests, and those who claim the NYAC as their USFA club without actually belonging to it, are not members.
- All fencers 13+ are welcome. You must meet classification guidelines if any.
- You DO NOT have to be a NYAC member to compete, however you MUST be a USFA or FIE member.
- This is a USFA and Metropolitan Division sanctioned event. Ratings will be awarded where earned.
- All monies will be collected immediately upon check-in. Cash (exact change) only. No checks or IOUs."I am going to be late" phone calls will not be accepted in lieu of physical presence
- NYAC events are environmentally safe! We exclusively use Staples eco-friendly recycled paper.