FRED Announces the 2010 Fall Austin Challenge and Youth Tournament.
Y10,Y12,Y14 Men & Women Foil, Epee & Sabre
Mixed Foil, Epee & Sabre;
Women's Foil, Epee & Sabre.
Regional Youth Circuits are qualifying events for Youth 10 and Youth 12 Summer Nationals.
------------------ Important Info: -------------------
Tournament: Austin Challenge and Regional Youth Circuit
Date(s): 10/30/2010 - 10/31/2010
Location: Austin Sports Center in Cedar Park
- Early registration and payment of fees provides the tournament organizer with the information needed to space event times properly, hire enough referees and have enough strips for the events.
- $10 of the registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. Any requests for fee refunds (less any askfred fees) due to outstanding and unusual circumstances are at the discretion of the organizers and will be processed after the tournament.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE without payment of fees and will be assessed applicable late fees.
- Contact Eric Mallet at firstname.lastname@example.org for an address if you prefer to mail a check.
- REGISTRATION FEES:
- Early Registration: $20 (before midnight August 31st)
- Regular Registration $30
- Late Registration $30 + $50 late fee = $80 (after October 20th and at the door)
- Parents should come prepared with ONE of the following in case the fencer’s age needs verification for eligibility purposes:
- A government issued photo ID with date of birth included
- A copy of birth certificate
EVENT SCHEDULE by DAY AND TIME
Please note that unless 5 or more athletes are entered in both the Men’s and Women’s events for a Youth 10 and 12 Age Groups, the events will be fenced as single mixed event per RYC guidelines.
PROPOSED EVENT SCHEDULE: Specific times now posted.
Saturday, October 30, 2010
- Close of registration:
- Senior Mixed Epee | 8:00 AM
- Senior Women’s Foil | 8:00 AM
- Y10 Men’s Foil | 9:00 AM
- Y10 Women’s Foil | 9:00 AM
- Y12 Men’s Epee | 11:00 AM
- Y12 Women’s Epee | 11:00 AM
- Y12 Men’s Sabre | 12:00 PM
- Y12 Women’s Sabre | 12:00 PM
- Y14 Men’s Foil | 1:00 PM
- Y14 Women’s Foil | 1:00 PM
- Senior Mixed Sabre | 3:00 PM
- Senior Women’s Epee |3:00 PM
Sunday, October 31, 2010
- Close of registration:
- Y10 Men’s Epee | 8:00 AM
- Y10 Women’s Epee | 8:00 AM
- Senior Mixed Foil | 8:00 AM
- Y14 Men’s Sabre | 10:00 AM
- Y14 Women’s Sabre | 10:00 AM
- Y12 Men’s Foil | 10:30 AM
- Y12 Women’s Foil | 10:30 AM
- Senior Women’s Sabre | 12:00 PM
- Y14 Men’s Epee | 12:30 PM
- Y14 Women’s Epee | 12:30 PM
- Y10 Men’s Sabre | 2:00 PM
- Y10 Women’s Sabre | 2:00 PM
AWARDS: Medals will be awarded to both the men and women finalists for each event, even if the event is fenced mixed.
BIRTH YEAR ELIGIBILITY(2010-2011 season):
•Senior Men's and Women's events: 1997 or before, or on Junior National Rolling Points List
•Youth 14: 1996-1999, or on Youth 12 NRP List
•Youth 12 event 1998-2001, or on Youth 10 NRP List
•Youth 10 event 2000-2003
Austin Sports Center in Cedar Park
1420 Toro Grande Blvd.
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
Directions to venue:
- From I-35, exit 256 (Hwy 1431), which is between Georgetown and Round Rock. Go west on Hwy 1431 about 5.3 miles. Turn right, or north (opposite the Suzuki dealer) onto Toro Grande Blvd. You will see a vet hospital and storage facility. Continue on Toro Grande about 1/4 mile. Austin Sports Center of Cedar Park is on the right just past Nitro swim center. No outside food or drinks allowed. Concessions will be available.
- From 183: In Cedar Park, turn east on 1431. Go about 3 1/2 miles. Toro Grande Blvd is 1/2 mile past Parmer Blvd on the left, opposite the Suzuki dealer. You will see a vet hospital and storage facility. Turn left (north) and continue on Toro Grande about 1/4 mile. Austin Sport Center of Cedar Park is on the right just past Nitro swim center. No outside food or drinks allowed. Concessions will be available.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suite: $95 per night (fencers rate, mention Austin Challenge - Fencing tournament)
1605 E. WHITESTONE BLVD.CEDAR PARK, TEXAS 78613UNITED STATES
Hotel Front Desk: 1-512-2598200
Hotel Fax: 1-512-2598204
Candlewood suites: $85 per night (fencers rate, mention Austin Challenge - fencing tournament)
1100 COTTONWOOD CREEK TRAIL, Cedar Park, TX 78613
Hotel Front Desk: 512-986-4825
Hotel Fax: 512-610-5701
USFA or FIE MEMBERSHIP and a signed WAIVER OF PARTICIPATION are required
- All participants must be competitive members of the USFA of FIE. It is incumbent upon the FENCER to show proof of membership. Internet access may not be available at the venue, so do not rely on the tournament organizers to have access to all Division membership lists.
- Pre-registered fencers will receive membership status information via askFRED email using most current USFA membership data. This email may serve as proof of membership. Age status will be checked against USFA membership data - bring proof of age if there are discrepancies.
- If you have not obtained your USFA membership at least one week prior to the event, it is recommended you register at the event!
- If you do not have proof of membership, you will be required to complete and pay for a membership. Payment for memberships is made directly to the USFA (NO CASH!); bring a separate check or credit card number (preferred) for membership.
- Fencers under 18 years old are reminded they need the signature of a parent or guardian (not a coach) on BOTH the membership and waiver forms.
- Special rules for ONE DAY MEMBERSHIPS:
1) Per the USFA National Office, one day USFA memberships are NOT VALID FOR RYC participants (or participation in other National tournaments holding qualifying events such as NAC's, ROC's, etc.) .
2) One day USFA memberships may be purchased for the OPEN EVENTS ONLY and only through the USFA's website. There WILL NOT be Internet available at the venue for this.
3) Fencer's purchasing one day memberships must bring proof of purchase to the tournament for EACH day they may be fencing. Without proof of membership, fencers will be required to complete a USFA membership form and pay the full annual dues at the venue before they will be allowed to fence.
- Waiver of Liability
The Austin Challenge or South Texas Division Waiver of Liability is required to be filled out and signed. Fencers under 18 must have a parent signature on the waiver in order to be able to fence. This waiver will be attached as a PDF file to the registration confirmation email from askfred. A copy of the waiver may also be downloaded here: http://www.southtexasdivision.org/media/sotxwaiverconsent.pdf
TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS: TBA
For more information contact Eric Mallet at email@example.com