|Mental Skills Clinic w/ Corwin Duncan
|| Jun 26, 2022
DIAMOND MIND CLINIC w/ Corwin Duncan
Sun June 26, 9:00a - 12:30p
Are you prepared for 14-14? Come to this mental training clinic, led by National Champion and World Team member Corwin Dunch, to learn how to handle high-pressure situations and avoid losing focus under stress.
How do you get into the right mindset before a competition? How do you stay relaxed and confident all day long? How can you make sure you’re fencing your best? Corwin will walk you through a step-by-step process to answer each of these questions, help you plan ahead, and make sure you show up focused and confident for your next competition.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Neuroscience-backed strategies for mental performance and focus
- Multiple techniques to improve confidence
- Planning for competition-day dynamics so you’re always ready when you need to be
- Mindfulness skills
- Insight and guidance from a former world team member
- Overview of competition preparation
- A step-by-step process to plan ahead for mental readiness
- Warm up and on-strip fencing practice using the plan we just made
- Discussion of practice and technique and how to improve
ABOUT CORWIN DUNCAN:
Corwin is a 3-time epee national champion, former world team member, and national referee with over 20 years' fencing experience.
"I invited Corwin to the club because when I went to coach at the Olympics it was clear that the mental game was a big factor for everyone there. He taught several mental techniques and helped fencers practice them during bouts. His clinic is good, and I would recommend it to other coaches and fencers."
-Andrey Geva, US Women’s Epee Olympic Coach
"Corwin has done the methodical research to create an incredibly helpful and refreshing clinic. I’ve already been applying many techniques and skills to my own classes! I would recommend this clinic to athletes/coaches of any level."
-Ryan Arieta, Coach at West Berkeley Fencing Academy
WHAT TO BRING:
- Full fencing equipment (we will be fencing!)
- Notepad and pen
Research Triangle Fencing
3742 Durham Chapel Hill Blvd Suite A-2
Durham NC 27707
Want more practice? Foilists may join the RTF Crucible Foil Tournament Sunday afternoon. Corwin will be in attendance as a strip-side coach, helping athletes continue to practice their mental skills.
This clinic is included as part of the RTF Pre-Nationals Foil Camp but is open to athletes in any weapon.