|Referee Clinic By Sean Shumate
|| Nov 14, 2021
Referee Clinic given by Sean Shumate
* FIE B rated referee in all 2 weapons - Epee' and Saber
* Referee at 3 Paralympic game: London, Rio and Tokyo
* Referee at NCAA Championships
* Domestic referee for over 20 years
Current member of USA Fencing Referee Commission:
* Referee Development Committee
* Domestic Assigning Commitee
* Referee Coordinator at NACs
The clinic will run on Sunday, Nov.14, 2021 from 9am to about 12 noon. Those wishing to do their practical can do so the next Saturday, Nov.20th at the Windy City RYC/RCC ,Felicity School/Berto Center, Deerfield Illinois.
Preregistration opens on 10/07/2021
Preregistration closes on 11/14/2021.
Please make sure that you have adequately prepared by going through the Study_Guide_.in USA Fencing website found under referee link.
Attending an official FOC-sanctioned clinic is a prerequisite for attempting the written exam. Once a passing score (90%) has been achieved on the written exam (both the general section and one or more weapon-specific sections) a referee receives a rating of "P" in each weapon passed. Further ratings improvements (1-10) can be obtained at a later date by being evaluated in a practical setting at tournaments.
The Referee Development Seminar will provide you with a broad understanding of the role, responsibilities, and duties of a referee, as well as refine your sense of right of way, timing, and application of the penalties. The Study Guide will prepare you for the written exam. The two together are designed to prepare you for the demands of refereeing actual fencing bouts.
The cost of the clinic is free for Illinois division. $25 for those not a member. There is a 50% discount for high schoolcoaches. Please make checks out to the USFA-ILL. Div.
Who should attend:
- Aspiring referees - who want to learn how right of way and rules are being applied at a national and international level
- Athletes - who want to improve their games and get a more complete understanding of their sport
- Coaches - who want to maintain their grasp of current interpretations and rules updates
- Parents - who want a better understanding of tournament format and the basics of sport fencing for their children
- Current referees - who need to fulfill their yearly requirement for seminar attendance or further their personal goals.
Any questions email Fernando Delgado at email@example.com or call 847-791-0544.