|Referee Seminar with World Championship Referee
|| Apr 25, 2020 - Apr 26, 2020
Amgad Badawi is active Puerto Rico International referee. Badawi referee last July 2019 at 2019 World Championship in Budapest, Hungary.
Referee Badawi bring his experience from 3 Senior World Championship plus more than 25 Senior World cup and Grand Prix in Foil and Epee.
- The seminar for any person willing to be a referee, Fencers and parents need to know the rules and the right of way actions and rated referee need to learn the high level right of way actions.
(Rated referee needs more experience please attend on Sunday Only)
dates and times:
Saturday and Sunday April 25,26 2020
from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM both days.
ON Saturday will cover all the rules includes Technical,
Organization and Material plus the right of way theory
On Sunday we will continue the practical part of the seminar by watching real fencers with all the right of way actions.
International Fencers Alliance of Dallas.
2640 Old Denton RD #212.
Carrollton, TX 75007
The clinic is $75/person for both day OR $50 per day.
Cash or Check ONLY, NO CREDIT CARDS, PLEASE.
The Referee Development Seminar will provide you with a broad understanding of the role, responsibilities, and duties of a referee, as well as refine your sense of right of way, timing, and application of the penalties.
Attending an official FOC-sanctioned clinic is a prerequisite for attempting the written exam. Once a passing score (90%) has been achieved on the written exam (both the general section and one or more weapon-specific sections) a referee receives a rating of "P" in each weapon passed. Further ratings improvements (1-10) can be obtained at a later date by being evaluated in a practical setting at tournaments.
Exams are now administered ONLINE, not at the seminar.
Instructions for on-line referee exam:
� Go to �Fencing Officials Website� http://www.fencingofficials.org
� The rulebook and study guide will be linked
� The process will be explained
Who should attend:
- Aspiring referees - who want to learn how right of way and rules are being applied at a national and international level
- Athletes - who want to improve their games and get a more complete understanding of their sport
- Coaches - who want to maintain their grasp of current interpretations and rules updates
- Parents - who want a better understanding of tournament format and the basics of sport fencing for their children
- Current referees - who need to fulfill their yearly requirement for seminar attendance or further their personal development