|Olympia FC Advanced Épée Camp 3
|| Aug 10, 2020 - Aug 14, 2020
Tactical and fitness training, indoors and outdoors.
Join New England's most successful fencing club for a week of bouting, small tournaments, group and private lessons.
Coaches Daniel Hondor, Olympia founder and director of Olympia FC, and Julian Rueda Espinosa, former head coach of the Colombian Épée Team.
Here are some measures we’re taking this year, in order to keep everyone safe and healthy:
1. Rotate between the students from indoors to outdoors.
In the past, we used to do our warm-up to Fresh Pond and Danehy Field, and the students loved it. Trails for running, hills for drills, open-air, and shade when you need it. We’ll provide plenty of cold water and sunscreen.
2. Lunch will take place outside too, either at the filed, either at the Fresh Pond, depending on where the students are closer at that time. Social distancing while eating will be mandatory and enforced.
3. Please bring a towel for sitting, extra masks to be changed as needed, and small, pocket personal sanitizers, to be used often.
Baseball hats are highly recommended, and your own sunscreen, which can be packed up in a backpack, alongside your lunch and snacks.
4. The rides to the park will be provided by the club, in small groups, by car.
Face masks are mandatory during the ride, no chatting.
Handwash/sanitize before and after the ride.
5. Shoes will be sanitized upon returning to the club.
Please bring your own lunch, individually packed and ready to serve; no sharing permitted.
Iggy’s Bakery store is a short walk from the club, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s and Bon Me are also within walking distance.
*Please note: Massachusetts travel restrictions go into place on August 1!
It's mandatory that visitors must fill out a “Massachusetts Travel Form” and quarantine for 14 days unless they are coming from an exempt, lower-risk state or can provide a negative COVID-19 test from the last 72 hours.
The current exempt states are: Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Hawaii, New Jersey, and New York.
Additional information here:
Travel Form here:
Minimum of three years of fencing experience is required in order to participate.
Pre-registration needs to be approved.
Payments can be completed on your first day by check, credit card or cash.
Pre-registration closes on 08/05/20, a $100.00 late fee will be applied after that date.