|Referee Clinic with Kevin Mar
|| Jan 18, 2020
Northwest Fencing Center is happy to announce the Referee Clinic with Kevin Mar.
Kevin is a Certified Referee Instructor (CRI), a US National Referee, and an International Referee.
The clinic will cover all three weapons and is for fencers, coaches, and parents. The goal of this clinic is to help people interpret the USFencing rule book and how to apply the rules.
Who can or should attend?
- Aspiring fencers wanting to be certified.
- Current referees needing to fulfill the bi-yearly seminar attendance requirement.
- Fencers, coaches, and parents wanting to understand better the current interpretations of rules.
More details about this clinic
The clinic will cover a broad understanding of the roles, responsabilities, and duties as a referee.
All participants should read the USFencing Rulebook and Penalty Chart so there is a general understanding. This clinic is not meant to substitute reading the material.
The Rulebook and Penalty Chart can be found on USFencing website:
More information pertinent to becoming a referee can also be found on USFencing website:
Cost and schedule
- Cost for the clinic is $85.
Payment by cash or check required at the begining of the clinic. (Issue checks to Kevin Mar).
- Clinic will start on Saturday at 10 AM, and will end around 6 PM.
Plan to be there 15 to 20 minutes early. Also bring a meal/snack as we will work the entire time.
- Observational tournament will be on Sunday, January 19th.
Link and details: https://askfred.net/Events/moreInfo.php?tournament_id=45689