|Alen Hadzic & Cooper Schumacher Strategy Seminar
|| Jun 17, 2018
The Lilov Fencing Academy Pre-Summer Nationals Epee Strategy and Tactics Seminar hosted by PAVEL KUTELVAS will be led by United States Senior World Team Members, ALEN HADZIC (2016 World Team) and COOPER SCHUMACHER (2017 World Team).
Alen and Cooper come from a very unique school of fencing that is both physically and mentally demanding, and allows them to fall back on structure and strategy when fencing difficult opponents.
They would like to share their expert views on multiple topics are that crucial for success in the sport today. This particular seminar will introduce thoughts and strategies that are not only immediately applicable for this upcoming Summer Nationals, but will provide fencers with a toolkit they can always rely on.
Come learn from the best, June 17th, at Lilov Fencing Academy!
Seminar begins at 9 AM followed by the tournament at 1PM
LFA Members: $50 (includes seminar and tournament)
NON-Members: $75 (includes seminar and tournament)
Registration and payment: askfred.net; walk-ins pay $20 additional fee
1) Bout Strategy
● When leading
● When losing
● When the score is tied
2) Using Footwork To Your Advantage
● Deceiving your opponent by creating a false sense of distance
3) Using Bladework To Your Advantage
● Deceiving your opponent by creating false openings with the blade
4) Physical and Mental Preparation for Tournaments
● Special bladework and footwork drills to stay sharp
● What to think about before the tournament