|AFM Epee 2018 Summer Nationals Preparation Camp #1
|| Jun 11, 2018 - Jun 15, 2018
AFM Epee 2018 Summer Nationals Preparation Camp is designed to help competing fencers reach their peak performance for the fencing Summer National Championship 2018 in St Louis, MO.
Athletes will experience intensive immersion in fencing, honing specific techniques, strategies and tactics, in numerous drills and bouts and engaging in mental training for success.
Coaches will work with participants to improve their fencing skills and provide constructive feedback on technique and on-strip strategies to help athletes adjust their game.
Each athlete will be challenged to think critically and develop approaches and methods to improve their own fencing performance and empower themselves in national competition and their training afterwards.
The camp is directed by the world class AFM Coaches.
Youth/Cadet/Junior epee fencers are invited to attend.
AFM Summer Nationals Preparation Camp includes:
• physical training and conditioning
• intensive footwork, drills and developmental exercises
• coached open bouting
• bout tactics and strategy,
• fencing bouting with different tasks
• fencing video reviews
Dates: Monday June 11 – Friday June 15, 2018
Morning Training - 9am - 12pm
Lunch and Rest - 12pm-2pm
Afternoon Training - 2pm - 4pm
Regular Price - $595 per week:
- Early Birds (until midnight January 31st, 2018) - $535
- Late Registration (May 15-June 10, 2018) - $645
- Walk-ins on June 11, 2018 - $695
Sibling discount is 10% (will be given as a refund on a first day of the camp due to the askFred limitations)
Lunch options will be available for 10$ per day (menu will be sent ahead of time prior to the camp).
Private lessons can be taken during the camp day (9am-4pm)
Academy of Fencing Masters - Sunnyvale Location
1269 Forgewood Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Unpaid registration is not considered to be completed.
Fencing exercises and bouts will be performed on electrical fencing equipment, each camper should bring:
• 2 (or more)working weapons and body cords,
• fencing outfit (jacket, mask, gloves, underarm protector, good shoes, fencing knickers and long socks)
• Two changes of clothes (at least T-shirts) to change before lunch and at the end of the camp.
• A healthy lunch
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- askFred fees are non refundable
- 25% of the paid fees (depending on the fee schedule) is not refundable
- if cancelled before May 15, 2018 - 75% refund
- if cancelled between May 15 and 31, 2018 - 50% refund
- no refund if canceled on or after June 1, 2018 for whatever reason (including medical)
To request a refund please send email with your name and mailing address and the check will be sent within 3 weeks (per refund schedule above)
If you have any questions please contact AFM at office@AcademyOfFencingMasters.com
For more information about AFM camps go to http://academyoffencingmasters.com/camps/about-afm-camps.
Preregistration opens on 12/20/2017.
Preregistration closes on 06/10/2018.