|Olympia Fencing Center International Epee Camp
|| Jul 31, 2017 - Aug 4, 2017
Gosman Center at Brandeis University: Waltham, MA
International guests, coaches: Daniel Hondor, Olympia's director, Bill Shipman, head coach of the fencing program at Brandeis, Cornel Milan, Romanian National and Olympic WE Team Coach, Elsayed Emara, Head Coach at the Peoria Fencing Academy, IL.
Email the Organizer
Map to 415 South St. Waltham MA 02453
Olympia Fencing Center and Brandeis University will co-host our first sleepover camp, featuring a stellar team of coaches:
• Daniel Hondor, Olympia's Founder and Director.
• Bill Shipman, Head Coach of the fencing program at Brandeis U.
• Cornel Razvan Milan, coach of the Romanian National and Olympic Women's Epee Team.
• Elsayed Emara, Head Coach at the Peoria Fencing Academy, IL.
The camp is epee exclusive, geared towards advanced fencers ages 15 and over.
Brandeis University, is located in Waltham, MA, about 10 miles west of Boston, about twenty-five minutes from Logan Airport, near the junction of I-95 and I-90.
Directions to Gosman Center:
Residential accommodation is provided at Brandeis University dormitories.
Arrival in the campus on Monday, August 31st, 8:00 AM, check out on Friday, August 4th, 5:00PM.
Fees include room and board, 3 meals per day (excluding the last day of the camp), and amenities on campus.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner, hot meals, will be served three times a day, there are numerous restaurants in walking distance as well.
Food consists of an an assortment of hot and cold foods, pizza, salad, sandwiches.
Breakfast is hot, cereal or pastries, etc., cafeteria style.
Rooms have beds, desks, closets. Group bathrooms.
What you need to bring: beside your full fencing gear, phone, fan, money for laundry.
The dorms are a five-ten minute walk from the gym (locker rooms provided).
Nurses are available on the campus, 9:00AM-5:00PM.
- Camp day starts at 9:00 AM.
- Three daily sessions: footwork, group blade work exercises, lessons in fencing theory, team events and electric bouting. Each fencer will receive individual lessons and personalized advice based on one's performance.
- Private lesson with Coach Daniel Hondor is included, the scheduling will happen on the first day of camp.
Type: residential camp with commuter option.
Residential Fee: $1550.00
Commuter Fee: $1150.00
Dates: July 31-August 4, 2017 (Monday-Friday)
Eligibility: Coed ages 15 and over, younger fencers can be admitted at the organizers discretion.
Registration is limited to 50 people.
Half camp fee is due by May 10th, to reserve your spot, $100.00 late fee will be applied after that date.
Complete payment deadline: July 1st, 2017.
Please submit your payment via Paypal (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/send-money-online) - use the free option for friends and family, mailed check or call us with your card number: (617) 945 9448.
See our website for more details: http://www.olympiafencingcenter.com/international-sleepover-epee-camp/
Applications are available now for download on our website.