2009 Port Moody Beginner's Youth Tournament
December 12, 2009
Port Moody Legion Hall
2513 Clarke Street
Port Moody, BC, V3H 1Z3
These events are focused on beginner's only to give them a first competitive experience.
The definition of a beginner for the purpose of these events is a fencer who has started fencing within the last calendar year. If there is any confusion as to this, give me a call.
Y10/12 Mixed Foil - 10:00am
Y14 Mixed Foil - 12:00pm
Y10 = birth year 1999 or later
Y12 = birth year 1997 or later
Y14 = birth year 1995 or later
Preregistration opens on 09/18/2009.
Preregistration closes on 12/11/2009.
* Anyone failing to preregister will be charged a $5 late registration fee.
* All times are close of registration, fencing to commence immediately afterward.
* Legion Hall opens at 9:30am and closes at 6:00pm.
* Fencers may compete in multiple sessions.
* Fencers must register for their CFF/BCFA membership prior the event and bring proof of membership.
* Y10 and Y12 event DE's will be a best 2 out of 3 bouts of 5 point bouts.
* Y14 event DE's will be a 15 point bout with three 3 minute periods.
* Y10/12 events will be run as a combined pools using #5 or smaller weapons.
* Y10 DE events will use #2 or smaller weapons.
* Y12 and Y14 will use #5 or smaller weapons.
* All events will be fenced mixed (boys and girls together). Separate awards for boys' and girls' placements may be given.
Each Event: $15
* We will be accepting cash or cheques made out to Freestyle Fencing.
Some of the items mentioned below may seem obvious, but since we are dealing with kids at a public venue, safety is utmost.
All fencers will be required to:
- be current Members of the CFF/BCFA or USFA
- wear a fencing jacket, plastron or chest protector, mask and glove in good condition
- wear sweats or track pants if they don't have knickers, but no baggy jeans or shorts allowed
- wear decent, well fitting NON-MARKING runners
- wear proper-sized, tucked-in t-shirts to insure that there isn't any skin showing between jacket edges and pants
- use well-maintained weapons in good operating condition
WE WILL BE PERFORMING WEAPONS CHECKS, so everyone test your gear beforehand!
If kids have their own basic gear or can borrow some from their club, that's great.
We will have some basic equipment available to borrow: masks, jackets, chest protectors, plastrons and gloves
If kids do not have their own equipment we can lend gear for their use during the day, but there is no guarantee that they won't have to share sweaty stuff between them.
Electrical gear is always an issue, so anything that can be brought from other clubs will be great.
We will have some electrical gear available to borrow: foils, body-wires and lames.
There will be a refundable deposit of $5 per piece of electrical gear that is borrowed.
Referees are always in short supply, so anyone that can help out during the day will be greatly appreciated.
All referees will get a complimentary lunch and will be paid $15 per event that they adjudicate.
Contact Brad Kelly at 604-506-1356 or email@example.com