This is the last of the Three Musketeers youth challenge events.
Y10 Mixed Epee 9:00 AM
Y12 Mixed Epee 9:00 AM
Y14 Mixed Saber 9:00 AM
Y14 Mixed Foil 11:00 AM
Y10 Mixed Saber 12:00 PM
Y12 Mixed Saber 12:00 PM
Y14 Mixed Epee 1:30 PM
Y10 Mixed Foil 2:30 PM
Y12 Mixed Foil 2:30 PM
Preregistration closes on 3/25/2009
* Pre-registration $15/ event; $20 onsite
* Youth fencers may fence in a second event ONLY if the start times are at least an hour apart.
* Times posted are close of registration. Fencers should plan to show up at least 20 minutes earlier to allow time to check in and warm up.
* Y14 means born in 1994, 1995, 1996, or 1997
* Y12 means born in 1996, 1997, 1998, or 1999
* Y10 means born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001
* Fencers are *strongly* encouraged to discuss with their coach which event(s) are right for them.
* Format: Y14 - one round of pools with 100% promoted to a direct elimination round of 15-touch bouts
* Format: Y12 and Y10 - one round of pools with 100% promoted to a direct elimination round of best two of three 5-touch bouts
* If there are at least 6 boys and at least 6 girls in one event, the event will be split into two events based on sex. Otherwise the event will be mixed boys and girls.
RULES and EQUIPMENT
* All fencers must be members of the United States Fencing Association (USFA). Membership forms will be available at the meet. Membership can also be purchased online at: http://www.usfencing.org/usfa/content/view/2300/156/
* USFA rules will be enforced. With regard to safety, each fencer must wear full fencing clothing, including a plastron (under-arm protector), knickers, and long socks. Masks will be punch-tested for safety at the event.
* We understand that electric equipment can be a difficult issue for youth fencers and their parents, but in order to keep the meet running smoothly, each fencer should have his/her own lame (foil/saber), electric mask (saber), and primary body cord and weapon. USFA rules require each fencer to have a second body cord and a second weapon by the strip; these may be shared amongst teammates/friends, however each fencer should know where his or her secondary equipment is.
* Blade length for Y10 fencers must be 30" or 32" inches long