It's back! Spend your Memorial Day weekend in sunny San Luis Obispo for the 5th Annual SLO Open!
The San Luis Obispo Open is the largest open event held on the Central Coast, so we know it will be a great day of fencing for everyone. We will be bringing in experienced National-level referees to ensure a great competition.
We are also happy to announce that we are partnering again with the Central Coast Fencing Foundation in order to offer event t-shirts. Fencers who pre-register by May 15th will be guaranteed a shirt in his or her size. Fencers who pre-register afterward will have a shirt set aside for them as size quantities permit. Fencers who register at the event will receive a shirt on a first-come, first-served basis, so please: Pre-register early!
If you would like to order extra shirts, please email the organizers with quantities and sizes prior to May 15th to ensure sizes. Extra shirts will be $15 each.
Results will be posted live at http://www.centralcoastfencing.org/LiveResults/2012SLOOpen
- Mixed Senior Open Foil
- Mixed Senior Open Epee
- Mixed Senior Open Saber
- $30 for 1st event
- $20 for 2nd event
Registration at event:
- $40 for 1st event
- $30 for 2nd event
If you pre-register, a shirt will be reserved for you. Shirts will be provided for those who register at the event only as they are available, first-come, first-served.
- 2011-2012 Season USFA membership required. Membership forms will be available at the event. New USFA members - your membership will be valid through the 2012-2013 season!
- One-Day memberships are available from the USFA for $20, but you must sign up online prior to the event - we cannot do a One-Day membership for you at the registration desk!
- Waivers will be required for all non-Cal Poly fencers. Fencers under 18 will need a parent/guardian present at check-in to sign the waiver. An electronic version is available if needed prior to the day of the event.
- Underarm protectors & fencing pants will be required to fence.
- Equipment will be available for rent from the Cal Poly Fencing Team.
- Fencers may cross-over in one event (that is, fencers can compete in a maximum of two weapons)
Walter Goodwater - (805) 234-3648
Directions to Venue:
From the south:
- Take 101 to the Grand Ave./Cal Poly exit
- Turn left on Grand Ave toward Cal Poly
From the north:
- Take 101 to the Monterey exit
- Turn right at Buena Vista Ave.
- Turn left on Loomis
- Turn right on Grand toward Cal Poly
- Once on campus, you will see two large parking lots and a concrete parking structure on the left
- Park in second lot or in structure (parking is free on weekends)
- Mott Gym is the large gym building directly across from the parking structure (Cal Poly building #42)
NOTE! Pre-registration will close the Wednesday prior to the tournament. You can still fence without pre-registering, but if you want the discounted entry fee and a guarenteed event shirt, please pre-register early!