ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY DUEL
Seventh event in the 2011-12 NJFA YOUTH CUP Series - All Weapons (Y8-Y14)
Follow tournament live at live.njfencingalliance.com
View current Youth Cup standings at njfencingalliance.com
NEW JERSEY FENCING ALLIANCE; 54 Burnett Ave.; Maplewood , New Jersey 07040
OK to park in-between/behind NJ State vehicles on Sundays.
NJFA is one of the largest fully equipped state-of-the-art fencing Salles in the country. This 17500 sf venue offers 19 grounded official USFA fencing strips with center scoring boxes with repeater lights at each end, men’s and women’s locker rooms, FREE Wireless Internet service, live results streaming of tournament information, and FREE parking. Overhead monitors display live results and tournament information, with live results also streaming at live.njfencingalliance.com. Armory opens at 7 am for equipment check and will assist with equipment problems during the tournament. Fencers with an 8 am start time are encouraged to take advantage of this early equipment check.
• Events have limited entries. If event is full, e-mail the organizer to be placed on the waiting list.
• Regular entry fee deadline MAY 22. Entries must be PAID either via FRED, or notification via e-mail to pay at the door or have a “free unexpired entry” coupon earned from a prior event.
• Walk-in availability subject to space.
• Ratings can be awarded, however youth events do not use the E1 or D1 classifications. This means that these events are NR until they achieve C1 level or higher. Check USFA ratings chart at: http://assets.usoc.org/assets/documents/attached_file/filename/15801/Classification_Chart_2009.pdf
REGISTRATION AND EVENT FEES
Regular fee on-line registration closes May 22. Entries must be PAID IN FULL to be considered complete. Unpaid pre-registrants will be notified via FRED e-mail and will be removed if not responded, with re-entry subject to space. Notify us if you wish to pay by mail via check, pay at the door, or will be using any free unexpired entry coupons earned from last season to ensure your entry is not removed.
• Regular fee period (closes May 22): $35/event. (Y8 $25/event)
• Late fee period (May 23-25): $45/event
• Walk-in (May 26-27): $55/event. Walk-ins only accepted if available space.
• Payments made at the door must be in cash or check only payable to "NJFA”.
For refund of event fee(s) withdrawals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests will only be honored if received no later than May 22.
YOUTH CUP SERIES.
NJFA Youth Cup Points will be awarded to top 8 finishers in each event. The top 3 point finishers in each event will be awarded NJFA Youth Cup series prizes at the final event of the season. Each tournament however is stand-alone; there is no need to be in pursuit of Cup points to participate. Should there be a tie in final point totals the fencer with the highest finish in the final event will be declared the winner. Double points will be awarded on the Oct 15th and June 9-10th events.
2011-2012 NJFA YOUTH CUP SERIES DATES: Oct 16, Nov 20, Dec 18, Jan 15, Mar 18, Apr 29, May 27, June 9-10
•** Liability waiver - Upon entering this tournament you agree to abide by the current rules of the USFA and other applicable rules instituted by NJFA. You acknowledge you are entering this tournament at your own risk and release the USFA and its sponsors, NJFA, and referees from any liability. With entry you give consent to NJFA to obtain medical care from any licensed physician, hospital or clinic for any injury or illness that may arise during activities associated with this tournament. Photography, filming, recording, or any other form of media of the athlete during the tournament can be used by NJFA and the USFA. Those wishing to opt out of media coverage must inform the Bout Committee.**
• Event entry is determined by 2011-12 USFA Birth year requirements:
Y8 = 2003-2005 (*not a USFA category, participation is at parent discretion and USFA membership is not required)
Y10 = 2001-2004
Y12 = 1999-2002, or on Youth 10 NRP List
Y14 = 1997-2000, or on Youth 12 NRP List
If you are on the NRP list and your entry is rejected for age, contact us and we will handle your entry.
See current point standings at: http://usfencing.org/national-points-standings/current-national-points
• Y8/Y10 fencers must fence with #0 or #2 blades, i.e no longer than 32 inches.
• USFA rules apply.
• Full USFA regulation uniform is required. Name is NOT required on uniform
• Must have at least two working weapons and two body cords.
• USFA or other foreign federation membership required (except Y8). Must present membership card (or proof of membership payment) at check-in. If no proof of membership you must complete and pay for USFA membership. You may join or renew USFA at the door (parent signature required), however arrive with a completed form or plan to come early to complete required paperwork. Have separate checks made out to USFA or use your credit card (preferred) for USFA membership payment. Download USFA form at: http://assets.usoc.org/assets/documents/attached_file/filename/44701/2011-12_Individual_Membership_Application.pdf
A club rebate is available to clubs who have at least 10 paid fencers. The rebate will be a total of 8% of the club's fencers' total fencing fees paid (excluding late fees) for at least 10 paid fencers, and 10% if the club has at least 20 paid fencers. The rebate will be paid to the club representative by mail after the tournament.
NJFA prides itself in providing fencers with some of the best national-level qualified referees and a nationally trained Bout Committee staff.
CLOSE OF CHECK-IN TIMES:
Start times are subject to change - check askfred.net for updates. Some events may be limited. FENCING WILL COMMENCE SHORTLY AFTER CLOSE OF CHECK IN. PLEASE ARRIVE SUFFICIENTLY EARLY SO THAT YOU CAN BE READY TO FENCE WHEN REGISTRATION CLOSES. The venue will open at 7:00 am.
An armorer will check fencing equipment before each competition and assist with equipment problems during the tournament. Masks , all lame material, and body cords will be checked. The armory will open at 7 am. We encourage fencers with an 8 am start time to take advantage of this early equipment check.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (close of check-in)
Y8 Mixed Foil (12:00)
Y8 Mixed Saber (3:00)
Y10 Girls/Boys Saber (10:00)
Y10 Girls/Boys Foil (8:30)
Y10 Mixed Epee (11:30)
Y12 Girls/Boys Saber (12:00)
Y12 Girls/Boys Foil (1:00)
Y12 Mixed Epee (8:00)
Y14 Girls/Boys Saber (3:30)
Y14 Girls/Boys Foil (8:00)
Y14 Girls Epee (1:30)
Y14 Boys Epee (2:00)
50-58 Burnett Avenue (use 54 Burnett Avenue for Mapquest); Maplewood, NJ. Conveniently located near all major highways in NJ, NY, CT, and Pennsylvania. Just off Springfield Avenue (via Vermont St). Only 30 minute train ride from NYC Penn Station (via NJ Transit Mid-Town Direct; http://www.njtransit.com).
• FREE parking.
• On-site fully equipped Fencing Pro Shop.
NJFA is a member of the NJ Division of the USFA: http://njfencing.org/index.html