REGIONAL YOUTH CIRCUIT (Y8-Y14)... Be sure USFA membership is current (last season's 1-year memberships expired July 31, 2011)....
Fencers must fence in at least one Regional or Super Youth Competition in the current season to be eligible to enter the same category and weapon at the April and July NACs. Winners of Y14 RYC events qualify for Y14 at Summer Nationals. No national points are awarded at RYC. Ratings can be awarded, however youth events do not use the E1 or D1 classifications. This means that these events are NR until they achieve a C1 level or higher.
2011-12 USFA Birth year requirements:
Y8 = 2003-2005 (*not a USFA category, participation is at parent discretion and USFA membership is not required)
Y10 = 2001-2004
Y12 = 1999-2002, or on Youth 10 NRP List
Y14 = 1997-2000, or on Youth 12 NRP List
If you are on the NRP list and your entry is rejected for age, contact us and we will handle your entry. See current point standings at: http://usfencing.org/national-points-standings/current-national-points
• USFA rules apply.
• Full USFA regulation uniform required. Name NOT required on uniform
• Must have at least two working weapons and two body cords.
• USFA or other foreign federation membership required (except Y8). Must present membership card (or proof of membership payment). If no proof of membership you must complete and pay for USFA membership. You may join or renew USFA at the door (parent signature required), however arrive with a completed form or plan to come early to complete required paperwork. Have separate checks made out to USFA or use your credit card (preferred) for USFA membership payment. Download USFA form at: http://assets.usoc.org/assets/documents/attached_file/filename/44701/2011-12_Individual_Membership_Application.pdf
• Y8/Y10 fencers must fence with #0 or #2 blades, i.e no longer than 32 inches.
• Photography, filming, recording, or any other form of media of the athlete during the tournament can be used by Cobra and the USFA. Those wishing to opt out of media coverage must inform the Bout Committee.**
• Signed waiver required. Obtain waiver by clicking "Download Waiver"
Payment required for complete entry. Incomplete entries must pay walk-in fees at the door. If you prefer to pay by check rather than on-line through FRED, e-mail the organizer for payment instructions.
• Complete registrations (registered AND Paid on-line) - $20 registration fee(nonrefundable) plus $25 per event.
• Incomplete registrations (i.e. payment made at the door) - $20 registration fee plus $45/event
• Walk-in (without preregistration) -$20 registration plus $45/event. Walk-ins only accepted if available space.
• Payments made at the door must be in cash or check payble to "Cobra Fencing Club." CREDIT CARDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Refund requests (event fee only) honored only if received by Sep 16. E-mail refund requests to email@example.com.
• Seeding: Current National Youth ranking within classification then letter ranking with year classification.
• Only official USFA ratings will be used. Ratings will be verified prior to seeding.
• Events with fewer than 6 entries of one gender will be mixed.
• Pools: One round of 5-touch/3 minute bouts. 100% advance to direct elimination rounds.
• Direct Elimination: For Y14, DE bouts are 15 touch/9-minute bouts. For Y8/Y10/Y12, DE bouts are best 2 of 3 5-touch bouts.
• No fence-off for third place. Medals awarded to Top 3.
• Ratings can be awarded, however youth events do not use the E1 or D1 classifications. This means that these events are NR until they achieve a C1 level or higher. View USFA ratings chart: http://assets.usoc.org/assets/documents/attached_file/filename/15801/Classification_Chart_2009.pdf
• Fencers are responsible for ensuring accuracy of all posted information and must report errors to the bout committee immediately. Fencer signature on pool score sheets and DE bout slip implies accuracy.
For beginners, see beginners tournament guide (courtesy of fencing.net): http://www.fencing.net.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/BeginnerGuide-Tournament.pdf
CLOSE OF CHECK-IN TIMES Fencing begins shortly after close of check-in. Event start times subject to change - Check FRED for updates.
Y8 Mixed Foil (12:00)
Y8 Mixed Saber (2:30)
Y10 Girls/Boys Saber (9:00)
Y10 Girls/Boys Foil (8:00)
Y10 Girls/Boys Epee (12:00)
Y12 Girls/Boys Saber (12:00)
Y12 Girls/Boys Foil (1:00)
Y12 Girls/Boys Epee (8:30)
Y14 Girls/Boys Saber (3:00)
Y14 Girls/Boys Foil (8:00)
Y14 Girls/Boys Epee (1:30)
Blue Gauntlet will be on-site for equipment purchases.
629 Grove Street, 4th Floor
Jersey City, NJ
See Mapquest link on tournament home page for driving directions.
From Manhattan by train: PATH train from Manhattan to Hoboken. The walk would be about 20 minutes. Taxis available in Hoboken (appx 4 minute ride to Cobra). Have the cab take Observer Highway West and turn left on Grove St. The Lackawanna Warehouse is on the right-hand side between 18th and 16th St.
The Doubletree Hotel; rates start appx. $150
455 Washington Boulevard
Jersey City, NJ 07310
Hyatt Regency; rates start at appx. $200
2 Exchange Place
Candlewood Suites; rates start at appx. $180
21 Second Street
Westin Jersey City Newport; rates start at appx. $225
479 Washington Blvd