|IFC Conditioning Clinic
|| Sep 8, 2012
IFC Conditioning Clinic
September 8, 2011, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Lion's Park Recreation Center
411 S. Maple Street, Mt. Prospect, IL 60056
Phone: (847) 632-9333
Price: $85 per day, $75 for IFC members. Space is currently limited to 12 people.
What to bring: Running shoes, shorts, two t-shirts, towel, water bottle, and your fencing equipment, including weapons, uniform, and mask. Sport drinks and snacks will be provided. There are restaurants in the area for lunch or bring your own lunch.
Objectives: Every fencing season includes three periods: preparatory, competition and transition. This clinic (the first of three throughout the season) addresses the main aspects of the preparation stage. It is built around general conditioning, planning the fencing season, and mental preparation relevant to the preparatory period of training. It will emphasize correct technique of basic footwork and bladework skills, conditioning sessions focused on speed and strength, as well as individual lessons.
9:00 a.m.-11:45a.m. - Periodization, Footwork, Speed Conditioning, Individual Lessons I
11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Lunch, Nutrition
12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Mental Preparation, Strength Conditioning, Individual Lessons II
Taught by Ina Harizanova
Ina has coached fencing and swimming for over 14 years in the US. She has developed athletes to compete at the US Fencing and US Swimming Olympic Trials.
- 1st Place, Women's Open Epee Team, USFA Summer Nationals, 2005
- 1st Place, Div. 1A Women's Epee, USFA Summer Nationals, 2004
- 2nd Place, Div. 1A Men's Epee, USFA Summer Nationals, 2012
- 3rd Place, Veterans 70 Men's Epee, USFA Summer Nationals, 2011
- 4th Place, Senior Men's Epee Team, USFA Summer Nationals, 2012
- 1st Place, Women's Epee Open Team, USFA Summer Nationals, 2005
- 1st Place, World Cup in Modern Pentathlon, 1994
- 1st Place, Bulgarian Championships in Women's Epee, 1994
- 3rd Place, World Cup in Modern Pentathlon, 1993
- Seven Times Bulgarian Champion in Modern Pentathlon, 1989-1995
For more information or to RSVP, contact Ina Harizanova at email@example.com or call 773-588-6244