|Camp Winabout 2012
|| Aug 6, 2012 - Aug 11, 2012
Camp Winabout 2011
TFC’s Acclaimed Fencing Training Camp!
August 1 – 6, Monday to Saturday
9:00 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Ages 11 – 18
Epee, Foil and Saber
Lessons, Bouting, Conditioning, Footwork, Drills, Games, Teamwork
An exceptional week for Youth – Junior Fencers in San Jose, California!
Six Days of Developing Fencing Skills and Great Exercise!
For all levels of young fencers. Strategy session for the intermediate and advanced for a Jump start on the competitive year. We also offer individual attention for novice fencers in developing solid basics.
Tuition: $450 per student.
A healthy lunch included daily.
Out of town fencers will stay with TFC families for an additional $150ers in developing solid basics.
Outstanding Camp Staff experienced in training Junior Olympians!
* Michael Botenhagen, TFC’s epee coach, Prevot D’Escrime Epee, former Central Cal Epee Champion
* Natasha Maximovich, TFC’s foil coach, Ph.D in sports physiology, foil champion for Kazakhstan
* Connie Yu, TFC foil Coach, 2010 Award of Merit, USFCA, and Camp Manager
* Craig Van De Vooren, TFC’s Saber coach, former national competitor with Salle D’Asaro
* Brandon Li, Assistant Instructor, preparing for his Moniteur exams
* Heath Winer, TFC Office Manager and Camp Manager
Features of Winabout -- Outdoor conditioning and indoor exercises and drills. Personal attention to each participant, individual lessons and group workouts. THIS CAMP IS ALL ABOUT FENCING taught by TFC team of excellent coaches in all three weapons, "an exceptional week for youth - junior fencers", but also "accelerated learning week for beginner and intermediate" "a jump start for the competitive season" -- A 6 day camp with outstanding conditioning training, technique and strategy -- learn your "personal best" and how to be a great team player, too. A fun Individual and team competition on Saturday.
Preregistration opens on 06/25/2012.
Preregistration closes on 07/23/2012.