|Vermont USFCA Coaches Clinic
|| Nov 20, 2010 - Nov 21, 2010
Vermont USFCA Coaches Clinic
November 20 - 21, 2010
Starting time is 9 am each day.
Hosted by the Green Mountain Division & Vermont Fencing Alliance
This is a 3 weapon Beginner and Intermediate level coaching clinic.
Teaching Right of Way
The Mobile Lesson
Safety and Professionalism
Combining Cues to develop various epee lesson types
Observation of individual lessons
Description of Moniteur Exam
Saber Lessons with push-pull footwork
Introduction to Lesson Types seen in the Prevot exam
Lecture: Sports Psychology or Coaching Children
Individual Lesson Observation
The USFCA Moniteur practical examination will be available for those who are interested. The exam is not required.
The clinic will be taught by John Krauss of the Down East School of Fencing and Paul Sise of Pioneer Valley Fencing Academy. Paul and John have experience teaching similar clinics together and are very excited to be bringing this clinic in VT.
Venue – Host
1469 Exchange Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
Contact at VFA (for local information):
Coach Viveka Fox
Fees for clinic:
Full Clinic Registration: $85/person (Two Days) if 10 or fewer coaches attend, $75/person if more than 10.
Single Day Registration: $45
1. Please register (RSVP) your name here on AskFRED.
2. Please let us know if you are a USFCA member, if you wish to take a USFCA practical examination to be certified, and in which weapon you wish to be tested.
3. You may pay for the clinic when you attend. Please pay all examination fees to the USFCA on-line at http://www.usfca.org.
You must take the on-line written test and pass before the clinic.
Please check back for planned schedule to be posted.
USFCA Certification Examination procedures for Moniteur Level:
Requirements for Examination:
-Website Password and User ID - To take on-line written test
-Pass Moniteur written test.
-Payment of exam fees to USFCA
1. Go to http://www.usfca.org.
2. To Register for exam and to pay membership on-line at http://www.usfca.org, you will need to create a website login user ID and password to use the on-line registration process. Go to http://www.usfca.org. On the left of the Home webpage, click "Register" and follow the procedures to obtain a User ID/Password.
3. After you are able to log onto the website, go to "Membership" on the top menu and follow procedure to join the USFCA on-line.
4. Then, go to "Certification", and read the information and follow procedures to take an examination.
To pay by check:
Mail-in memberships forms or exam payments to:
514 NW 164th Street
Edmond, OK 73013-2001
Please make your check payable to the "USFCA".
If you have questions about the clinic, please feel free to contact our presenters:
John Krauss, Prevot d'Armes
USFA Level 1 Foil, Epee
USFCA Northeast VP & National Conference Committee Chair
Down East School of Fencing
Paul J. Sise
Pioneer Valley Fencing Academy
Maitre d' Escrime Epee USFCA, AAI
USFA Level 3 Epee, Foil, and Saber
USFA Armorer Level 3
PVFA/Cell Phone: 413-204-6387
Preregistration closes on 11/19/2010.
Want to know about the USFCA? Go to http://www.usfca.org. Register for USFCA Membership on-line.